Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just found out my first child is on the way and that means no more bachelor life style with ammo cans under the bed and the 870 leaning against the night stand..

As you could imagine with having one on the way money is gonna get tight quick and buying what ever when ever is gonna come to a hold, So I am looking for a well priced nothing top of the line but quality gun safe.

I've been wanting to get one as my collection is growing but now I need to speed up the process and can't buy the liberty that I once wanted.

Hopefully some here have experience with starter grade safes for the young and newer gun enthusiast like myself :)

Thanks in advance guys!!!

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
blackwolffcf said:
How big do you need it to be? How many guns do you need to put in it? How much room do you have?
It being my first safe I have no idea... Guns probably 26-30ish plus ammo

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
My 2 cents...

Not sure what your price range is...and I realize you got a child on the way...

but my frame of reference is what I own...two American Security ( AMSEC )

BF6030 safes. ( BF=Burglary & Fire )

http://amsecusa.com/Gun_Safes/BF_Series_Gun_Safes/

If your not too worried about burglary or fire, and just want to securely

lock up your stuff from children, Stack-on might be the way to go. They

are alot cheaper and lighter.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SHOOTER13 said:
Not sure what your price range is...and I realize you got a child on the way...

but my frame of reference is what I own...two American Security ( AMSEC )

BF6030 safes. ( BF=Burglary & Fire )

http://amsecusa.com/Gun_Safes/BF_Series_Gun_Safes/

If your not too worried about burglary or fire, and just want to securely

lock up your stuff from children, Stack-on might be the way to go. They

are alot cheaper and lighter.
Thanks Shooter.. Not really ever looking into them until now I am not really sure on budget.

Iam concerned about burglary so I would like to stick with a gun safe.

I'll look into these thanks!

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Perfect Mikecu!! Thanks.....

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Word of advise on safes. I just came back from looking at safes myself. Make sure the company is reliable, with a good warranty and also where is the safe built. I will always prefer a US built safe or possibly a NAFTA built (Mexico or Canada). Reason being is that if there is a ever a failure to the lock, you will need to have the company stand behind their product and be able to service or open it. I know someone now that had his keypad fail and is in the process of trying to get it open with the manufacturer. If you get a "mickey mouse" safe, you may be on your own trying to get your valuables out of it.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ezveedub said:
Word of advise on safes. I just came back from looking at safes myself. Make sure the company is reliable, with a good warranty and also where is the safe built. I will always prefer a US built safe or possibly a NAFTA built (Mexico or Canada). Reason being is that if there is a ever a failure to the lock, you will need to have the company stand behind their product and be able to service or open it. I know someone now that had his keypad fail and is in the process of trying to get it open with the manufacturer. If you get a "mickey mouse" safe, you may be on your own trying to get your valuables out of it.
Great Advise.... Thank you!!

·
If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it!
1,000 Posts
Ok, here is my $.02 on the subject. I too am looking for a full size gun safe for the rifles we recently bought. A few things I have learnedare as follows:
-Like was stated before, make sure you choose a reputable company.
-If possible, multiple entry methods are preferable (biometric, key, numeric, analog dial...any combo of these) this way you always have a second way of getting in if the batteries fail.
-When looking at a safe, consider the following: where are the hinges? Inside where they can be cut off with a simple power grinder or inside where they are inacessable.
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Ok, here is my $.02 on the subject. I too am looking for a full size gun safe for the rifles we recently bought. A few things I have learnedare as follows:
-If possible, multiple entry methods are preferable (biometric, key, numeric, analog dial...any combo of these) this way you always have a second way of getting in if the batteries fail.
-When looking at a safe, consider the following: where are the hinges? Inside where they can be cut off with a simple power grinder or inside where they are inacessable.
Good luck.
Keep in mind, the hinges are only for the door to swing open. The door needs to bolt in all directions and lock from the inside of front frame of the safe. This way, if the hinges are cut off, you still cannot get it open. The two safe brands I was leaning towards today was Rhino Safe and Fort Knox. The prices were very competitive for me from the dealer and they do secure them to the floor or wall for additional fee. Both came with lifetime warranties.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Dont forget Glocknloaded, you're in CA, it needs to be approved by the bureaucrats of the CA DOJ.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
chilly613 said:
Dont forget Glocknloaded, you're in CA, it needs to be approved by the bureaucrats of the CA DOJ.
Holy crap I had no idea....

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
RRoss said:
Good luck.
Have you found any you like or considering?

·
If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it!
1,000 Posts
glocknloaded said:
Have you found any you like or considering?
I saw a couple I'm considering at Dicks sporting goods, but haven't looked close enough at them because the funds are lacking right now. Have to sell off a couple high end paintball guns I have first to buy the safe, so it could be a little while.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
RRoss said:
I saw a couple I'm considering at Dicks sporting goods, but haven't looked close enough at them because the funds are lacking right now. Have to sell off a couple high end paintball guns I have first to buy the safe, so it could be a little while.
Kinda in the same boat except I have some car audio equipment lol..

The other post of the safes the sell at Costco look nice and reasonable.. I think I may go take a look

1 - 20 of 33 Posts