Glock Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bone stock Gen 4 22 and was curious if anybody had some insight on where to start slowly customizing/modifying this 22?
 

·
Glockn Rollin
Joined
·
2,656 Posts
Man, there are so many options it isn't even funny. How do you like the trigger pull? Do you like the feel of the grip? What kind of sights d you have? My reccomendation for modding a gun would be night sights first if it is a carry gun.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
287 Posts
That really depends on you and what your intentions are with the pistol.
Myself, I would go with night sights to begin with and go from there.
Kinda of a hard question to answer with little info on what you gonna use it for.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,108 Posts
What you plan to do with the pistol, and your personal preferences should lead you to modifications you want on your pistol.

A good tac light like the TLR-1 would be my first addition, and possibly night sights as a backup. My glock's are all carry guns, not competition guns so I leave the trigger stock, it works fine for me; don't fix what ain't broke ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking of beginning with the trigger but didn't know what would be best aftermarket option. Same with the night sights.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
254 Posts
jimmyalbrecht said:
Man, there are so many options it isn't even funny. How do you like the trigger pull? Do you like the feel of the grip? What kind of sights d you have? My reccomendation for modding a gun would be night sights first if it is a carry gun.
Completely agree
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,810 Posts
I just put the LWD 3.5# Connector with the NY1 Trigger Spring into my G30. Trimmed off one coil from the spring inside the NY1 housing and now my trigger feels "just right" to me.
Other then that you could opt for a Stainless guide rod, some Night Sights and more mags and ammo but that'd be about all I'd do to it personally.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
836 Posts
I probably would be better off listing what i haven't done! LOL!

Glock 26 Gen 4 w/ 5 mags w/ Pearce pinky ext.
Trijicon 3 dot night sights
Vicker's ext mag release
Ghost 3.5 Ultimate 3.5 connector
Ghost 6lb trigger spring, factory striker spring, reduced power plunger spring
Glockmeister S/S guide rod/recoil spring assembly
Pearce grip plug
Talon rubber grips

Still to come: Custom backstrap/grip reduction w/ new stippling
Frontstrap hump removal
Rounded trigger guard
Trigger guard undercut

Umm.....I believe that sums it up!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
285 Posts
First change: night sights.

2nd change: .25 cent polish job (google it and you'll find instructions).

3rd: buy alot of ammo and shoot the heck out of it. Learn trigger control, and good reloads.

Then start playing with other stuff. Search threads and you'll find alot of mod's you can do ( too many to list here)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. Just got done doing the 25 cent polish job. I had a gunsmith tell me once how glocks were the easiest to work on. Didn't realize they are so easy I can do it lol.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
287 Posts
FOSJosh said:
Thanks guys. Just got done doing the 25 cent polish job. I had a gunsmith tell me once how glocks were the easiest to work on. Didn't realize they are so easy I can do it lol.
They are easy to work on because of their simple design however, they can be a nightmare if your not careful.
Always remember, Go Slow and Light on your polishing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
david1962hd said:
They are easy to work on because of their simple design however, they can be a nightmare if your not careful.
Always remember, Go Slow and Light on your polishing.
Thanks man. I was pretty delicate with polishing only using q tips, tooth brush, rag, flitz, and elbow grease.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top