Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am new to Glocks and shooting. I have a G19 Gen3. I am considering getting an Advantage Arms .22LR conversion kit so I don't go broke at the range. does anyone have experience with these?

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
For the price of these things I think I'd rather just buy a .22 gun. All the kits I've seen go for $400, thats a good chunk of change towards a .22 pistol.

To answer your question though, I haven't worked with it.

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Welcome to the Glock Forum wrpNYFL !!

I have no experience with the AA conversions...

but someone will come along who has an opinion !

·
Certified Glock Armorer
4,715 Posts
I bought one for my G19 gen4 last year when you could still order from the factory. Keep it clean, only use the recommended ammo (I use CCI mimi-mag's) and don't "limp wrist" it. Only a few minor hick-ups out of around 1000 shots. True, you could buy a .22 for what the AA conversion cost, but I just like shooting with the Glock frame. Everything still feels the same in your hand without the recoil.

·
Carry on my friends!!!!
974 Posts
I shot my buddys back in 09' and loved it, they are good kits and I beleive we were running federal bulk .22 with no issues.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I love mine, only complaint is the ten round mags, I heard they are making 25 round mags now. Its real picky about ammo. I use mini mags and golden bullets.

·
Premium Member
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I found a kit for my G19 at suggested retail on gunbroker.com. It should arrive next week. I am anxious to see how it shoots.

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
I purchased the Advantage Arms conversion kit for my G17 3 yrs ago and it paid for itself in the first year

Advantages= same trigger pull during pracice for a lot less $$$
Disadvantages= ammo specific and must keep it clean and usually backordered at least 6 months

·
Premium Member
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shot my AA conversion kit for the first time today. It is a blast!!! It really helps me work on my sight picture and trigger pull... At 4 cents a shot versus 20 cents for the 9mm it is fantastic! Only 4 hiccups in the first 225 pack of Remington Golden Bullets... I love it.

·
Premium Member
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
josefsu2000 said:
I ordered mine online and it is on backorder for at least 6 months...
I found one for $269 on gunbroker.com. Had it in 2 business days...

·
Premium Member
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oscar1 said:
Dose the conversion required license to be exported outside US??
I have no idea... Sorry.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anyone know if the Advantage Arms high capacity magazine (25 rounds) will work in a G30?

The site lists compatability with 17,19,22,23. It also says "not recommended for use with 26/27" but it makes no mention of the 29/30. I'm not sure if it's not listed becasue it's a different physical size that wont fit, or if they just overlooked it.

I know my G30 will accept G21 mags, but I'm not sure if a 17,19,,22, or 23 will physically fit inside the G30 or not...

·
Premium Member
5,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry, I have no idea about the 30... I have a 19.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts