Advantage Arms .22 Conversion Kits

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by Glockinator19, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Glockinator19

Glockinator19 Certified Glock Armorer

Anybody have one of these kits? What are your thoughts and experiences with them? After I get my 10mm conversion for my gen4 21, I think i want to get a 22 conversion for my gen4 17...seems like a fun addition to the collection :)

Pictures are nice too

2. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Lots if opinions in those threads.I have the AA.

There's a couple on here that have the TS kit.

There's mixed reviews in both kits. People expect them to operate exactly like a Glock, but they don't.

D

3. Glockinator19

I wouldn't think so... No 22 functions like a glock. I have always had some kind of problem with every 22 I've shot. Nothing major, just a jam or misfire here and there..

4. Geek

Geek New Member

I have the AA and am in a couple of those threads. Mine is for a G22. I have found it to be very finicky about the ammo out of the box. I am trying the "Eats Anything" polishing approach. I've been a little busy so I haven't made it back to the range to test what I have done so far. This is also my first experience with polishing the internals of a firearm. My first pass of polishing did not result in the parts being as shiny as in the photos, but I am under the impression you need to go at it multiple times to really get things shiny like that. I don't really care if I get the shine as long as the polishing reduces the failure to eject issues. It is also possible that I will get better results with some further break in. I am overall optimistic that it can perform better than it has to date.

My suggestion would be that you be prepared to do a bit of polishing but otherwise I think it is worth trying one. If I get the one I have working relatively smoothly, I'll probably get another for a G23.

5. Glockinator19

I won't mind that at all! I already am polishing my glocks and families glocks almost daily as it is, so I have a lot of experience with polishing... And I enjoy it. So i would probably do that before I even shot it, planning on it. Thanks for your input!

6. Geek

Geek New Member

I just wish I had gotten to the range to test more before the question popped up. BTW: The recommendation from the manufacturer is CCI MiniMags, which seemed to work best out of the box. Since MiniMags are hard to find around here at present, I also tried a variety of other brands too. Basically MiniMags were best, but High velocity rounds in general worked better than standard velocity rounds and the Failure to Eject problems varied from brand to brand. I am expecting that the polishing will reduce problems regardless of ammo and that I'll be pleased with the performance with High Velocity ammo. Standard velocity is an open question in my mind until I get a chance to test. I'm expecting to go through a few rounds of polishing. I want to test with a variety of ammo between each round.

The unit came with only one magazine so I ordered some extras. The magazines feel like cheaper material than Glock mags to me, so I was suspicious of the mags. What I have found is feeding is fine, so the mags are not an issue, despite my up front concern. Firing has also not been a problem. It fires every time. My issues have been purely ejection of the spent round.

7. I have the advantage arms kit for the G19. I have had only 1 FTE and I have been running a variety of bulk ammo. Golden Bullets and CCI Tactical work great. I have even run some Federal Bulk through mine without difficulty. I keep my kit impeccably clean and well lubricated. That seems to be the key.

8. MeNGlock

MeNGlock Old Man Member

I have a AA 22lr conversion kit for both my G23 and G27. I've only run 1 box of 525 Rem Golden bullets through them so far. I did shoot a few CCI rounds also. I had 2 ftf on the first mag on my G27, but no problems after that. I have yet to have a misfire with the kit on my G23. All the rounds I shot were hollow points. The kits like to be clean and oiled.

9. Monte4283

Monte4283 New Member

I bought the AA Target model for my G23 about 2 years ago and love it. One of the best purchases I've ever made. The only ammo I've used in it is CCI Mini Mags and Remington Golden Bullets. The CCI MM have run flawlessly through it. As for the Remington GBs I have had some issues with them, But it has gotten better as the kit is getting more broke in. The few issues I have with the Remingtons now are FTF, and I think thats all an ammo issue because of loose bullets in the brass. I love this kit so much I bought it it's own frame, a G23 Gen2 frame.

A few pics....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Glockinator19

Nice! Do the barrels come stainless? Or did you polish it like most people?

11. Monte4283

Monte4283 New Member

Thanks.

On the Target model it come stainless, Not sure on the LE model.

12. Glockinator19

I didn't even realize they had 2 different models? What the heck is the difference

13. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

The LE model is a flat slide that looks exactly like a "big boy" glock. Comes with adjustable sights and the barrel is unpolished.

[​IMG]

HTH
    D

14. SoloScuba

SoloScuba Glocking it everyday! Supporter

I have an Advantage Arms Kit for my G21SF. I've not had good luck with Winchester ammo, I wrote the manufacture an email asking why Winchester ammo didn't function? It was the same bullet weight and muzzle velocity as the CCI Mini Mag. They replied telling me the Winchester had a slower burning powder than the CCI. As others have stated, keep it clean and oiled per the instructions, use CCI Mini Mags and you shouldn't have any problems. I have used Remington Viper ammo and it worked pretty good, some of my FTE may have been because I had not oiled like the instructions called for. I printed out the oiling instructions and keep it in my range box now as a reminder. I just bought some Remington Golden Bullet new old stock a co-worker had and I'm anxious to see how it works. Won the auction for a Ruger 10/22 Takedown off Gun Broker yesterday so I'll have something to shoot the stuff that won't work in my AA Kit. Good luck.