Glock Forum banner

Adjustable sights?

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Tbone 
#1 ·
Have a g19 gen4. The sights r fixed. I'm right handed and shoot with my left eye shut. I have put around 800 rounds through it and im constantly shooting low left about 3in from center. This is my first firearm with fixed sights. I need some help with my options. Any help will be appreciated.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Just a heads up I've tried the grip pieces that came with it to change the thickness of the grip. And they didn't help. Is 800 rounds through it enough to make adjustments?

Discussion starter · #11 ·
Deuce said:
I heard that a low left hit was because of incorrect trigger control. Not pulling straight back and using the first joint, not the tip of the finger. I might be wrong but give it a try. See what happens.
By putting the grip extensions that came with the gen4 that made me use the pad on my index finger and I still shoot low left. I appreciate the advice I've even tried different stances. No I'm not perfect but adjusting my sights like the gentlemen above advised me to do I think will help. My body posture and grip of the gun is what I've worked on the first 800 rounds is what I've tinkers with first before I tweaked my gun.

Discussion starter · #12 ·
JakeTheSnake said:
When I got my first Glock, a gen III 23, I put 1000 rounds through it before I did anything. A lot has changed since then plus another 4000 rounds. It's all personal preference. I have a thing for TruGlo TFO's. In your case I would try to drift the sight a touch to get the windage right, then work on your elevation, then if your not satisfied try something new.
Thank u for the advice. I just moved it to the right a hair. I'll give that a shoot next time I head to the range. I hope this weekend.

Discussion starter · #17 ·
dwcfastrice said:
+1 on the snap caps and grip adjustment. Have you "bench rested" the pistol and shot at a sighting target (the kind with a grid). Bench resting eliminates hand/arm movement and can help you stabilize your trigger.

firing "left" (high or low) is common among right handers and is often related to trigger control and grip.

That being said, for rear sight adjustments, move the sight the direction you want the shot to go. Rule of thumb is "front opposite (moot point for the Glock), rear same".

Just a few more things to consider.
No on the snap caps and no on the bench rest. I'm willing to try all that next time I go to the range ( hopefully next week). But I did move the rear sight a hair and will see if that helps also. Thank u all for the help!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.