Added an Apex trigger to my S&W SD9VE today

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by Pat Harmon, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Pat Harmon

Pat Harmon Well-Known Member Supporter

One thing I didn't like on the newest gun was the hinged trigger.Did some research and purchased an Apex trigger and MCarbo trigger and sear spring kit. After watching a couple videos on You Tube,the disassembly and reassembly went pretty smoothly. I also put a new extended slide release bar as well..Just got back from shooting and the trigger is smooth as well as an easier pull..The trigger now resembles the Glock trigger.. 20200605_203104.jpg

2. tercel89

tercel89 Active Member

Are you able to take the slide off and post pictures of the inside of the frame ? I've been debating doing the same to an SD9

3. Pat Harmon

I can take some for you tomorrow.. If you do this,I have a couple time saving tips..

Danzig and tercel89 like this.
  4. tercel89

tercel89 Active Member

Awesome. Thanks much !

5. Pat Harmon

6. Pat Harmon

7. Pat Harmon

The little spring in the top picture to the left is the worst,hardest part. MCARBO makes a little plastic piece that holds the spring in place till the pin is pushed through to hold it. The spring also likes to slide so you have to use a small pick or screwdriver to center the spring. There is a great helpful write up on the S&W forum about it. I tried it I bet 50 times till I watched a couple videos,then it went right in..

tercel89, Southlake and Danzig like this.
  8. tercel89

tercel89 Active Member

Thanks very much for those pictures and information Pat Harmon.