Act of Valor

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by savage07, Jun 29, 2012.

1. savage07

savage07 New Member

What a great movie. You guys should see it. Lots of action, courage, and honor. And lots of cool AR 15! :) I feel like going to the range now!

2. Still not seen it, really wanted too when it was out but didn't get a chance. Probably need to rent it, sounds like a really great movie.

3. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

I loved it!!! Acting was pitiful in parts, but I loved it!!!!! They are seals after all, not actors!!!!

4. FinalForceG17

FinalForceG17 New Member

I liked it, filmed the way they did. Gave it a writer sense of realism.

5. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

I watched today on OnDemand...
    Good movie.

6. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

Makes you stop and think for min about what our men an women over seas do for us ever day. And what their families have to deal with. Makes you want to say thank you to all military personal. Great movie and a good reality check for those of us that have not served. For those that have thank you.

7. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Excellent Movie. I bought it and have watched it 4 times already.

8. savage07

savage07 New Member

I'm agree!

9. ambeck1

ambeck1 New Member

I love the sniper scene where the dude catches him and guides him into he water.

10. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

Just a all around great movie!!!

11. savage07

savage07 New Member

I usually don't buy movies. But this one it's a keeper for me, plus I don't mind to spend my money for those who made this film alive.

12. savage07

savage07 New Member

Oh that part was amazing!!!

13. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

One of my "must see" movies of all time.

If you haven't watched any of the "making of" videos for this movie, I highly encourage it.

They mounted "gun cams" during the car chase scene and evidently had to reshoot the scene with more movement, b/e the guys' shooting platforms were "too stable" and the audience wouldn't believe they were in a moving vehicle.
    Makes me glad they're on our side.

D

14. Not trying to be picky, but they are not "seals", they are "SEALs". SEa, Air, Land commandos.

And as far as the acting goes, I relate this movie to the movie Miracle on Ice, where they found real hockey players to act versus finding actors to play hockey. Made the action Way Better!

15. ROYALE-W-CHEESE

ROYALE-W-CHEESE New Member

Not a spoiler: For those who didn't already know, they used live ammo whenever possible. There's a comment in one BTS segment where a film armorer/prop guy remarks, "They go through way more real ammo than we use prop ammo!"

For many action sequences, the operators would describe how they'd handle a given situation then the filmmakers would decide the best way to film it.

For my part, I do like how stiff some of the SEALs' acting scenes were. It highlights how real their action is. (That whole bar scene between the "buddies" was so bad! I loved it.)

16. Glock_Fanatic

Glock_Fanatic Member

They didnt swear enough to make it truly realistic IMHO... I only say this because I've been in the military for 6 yrs and around it all my life. Only complaint with the movie. And the SEALs weren't too bad at acting. Just a few minor scenes where the dialog wasnt quite realistic. But I loved the action!!!

17. Shep482

Shep482 Well-Known Member Supporter

If my power wasn't out I would go rent it right now . Stupid power...

18. savage07

savage07 New Member

That's sucks. I hope you can see it soon!

19. Shep482

Shep482 Well-Known Member Supporter

Wow! Just watched it. I am not worthy. I will be buying this movie.