Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a great movie. You guys should see it. Lots of action, courage, and honor. And lots of cool AR 15! :) I feel like going to the range now!

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
Still not seen it, really wanted too when it was out but didn't get a chance. Probably need to rent it, sounds like a really great movie.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Makes you stop and think for min about what our men an women over seas do for us ever day. And what their families have to deal with. Makes you want to say thank you to all military personal. Great movie and a good reality check for those of us that have not served. For those that have thank you.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
savage07 said:
What a great movie. You guys should see it. Lots of action, courage, and honor. And lots of cool AR 15! :) I feel like going to the range now!
Just a all around great movie!!!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I usually don't buy movies. But this one it's a keeper for me, plus I don't mind to spend my money for those who made this film alive.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
One of my "must see" movies of all time.

If you haven't watched any of the "making of" videos for this movie, I highly encourage it.

They mounted "gun cams" during the car chase scene and evidently had to reshoot the scene with more movement, b/e the guys' shooting platforms were "too stable" and the audience wouldn't believe they were in a moving vehicle.
Makes me glad they're on our side.

D

·
1,310 Posts
blackwolffcf said:
I loved it!!! Acting was pitiful in parts, but I loved it!!!!! They are seals after all, not actors!!!!
Not trying to be picky, but they are not "seals", they are "SEALs". SEa, Air, Land commandos.

And as far as the acting goes, I relate this movie to the movie Miracle on Ice, where they found real hockey players to act versus finding actors to play hockey. Made the action Way Better!

·
Registered
479 Posts
dwcfastrice said:
If you haven't watched any of the "making of" videos for this movie, I highly encourage it.
Not a spoiler: For those who didn't already know, they used live ammo whenever possible. There's a comment in one BTS segment where a film armorer/prop guy remarks, "They go through way more real ammo than we use prop ammo!"

For many action sequences, the operators would describe how they'd handle a given situation then the filmmakers would decide the best way to film it.

For my part, I do like how stiff some of the SEALs' acting scenes were. It highlights how real their action is. (That whole bar scene between the "buddies" was so bad! I loved it.)

·
Registered
653 Posts
They didnt swear enough to make it truly realistic IMHO... I only say this because I've been in the military for 6 yrs and around it all my life. Only complaint with the movie. And the SEALs weren't too bad at acting. Just a few minor scenes where the dialog wasnt quite realistic. But I loved the action!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts