Accuracy problems

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by snyper85, Jun 23, 2012.

1. snyper85

snyper85 New Member

For some reason I seem to be shooting my Glock 19 to the left consistently. I am reasonably accurate with other pistols but this gun is about 2-3 inches left of center at 15 yards. What am I doing wrong?

2. 10mil

10mil Is That a .40....nope its a 10MM!

GA
    try adjusting finger placement it helped me LOADS!!!!

3. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

Welcome snyper85

Is this a new gun? If so, you could be anticipating the recoil a little to much and/or have your fingers pulling the grip to tight if your are right handed.

4. snyper85

snyper85 New Member

It is a new gun and I do have around 500 rounds through it. I may be gripping with my right hand to tight.

5. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

If your accurate with others maybe the sights need adjusting? I think its recoil anticipation though. Maybe do the drill where someone else loads the mag with a mix of snap caps and live ammo .

6. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

Left can be too little finger on the trigger as is indicated on this chart. If you have your finger all the way up to the 1st knuckle then it isn't that and I would look at adjusting the sight. But before I did that I would shoot at a minimum of 1,000 rounds. Take your time shooting, concentrate on the fundamentals. If after 1,000-1,500 rounds of slow, deliberate shooting, you are sure you are properly shooting, then I would adjust the sights!

Attached Files:

7. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum Snyper85! I had this problem as well and like the guys said above, I had to start using a little more finger. I hope you enjoy the forum.

8. Given that it's your first Glock, are you new to shooting guns with this wide of a grip? The wider grip means you need to relearn what feels right for accuracy purposes.

Ive found that using too much pinky and not enough push/pull with my other hand with both cause shots to the left.

When I STFD (slow down) and think, I remember to loosen my pinky grip and to add more firmness to my push/pull technique.

I regularly shoot a little left, but slowing down and refocusing on the principles, my accuracy tightens up.

9. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

I have noticed on my Glocks, compared to say S&W M&P, that there is very little space between the front sight and the rear U shape sight, if I don't really look and make sure there is space on both I tend to shoot left a lot.

And this is specific to my 19, now that I think about it the 30 and 34 Im dead on with all the time.

10. 10mil

10mil Is That a .40....nope its a 10MM!

GA
    you tried adjusting the sight on your 19?

11. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

No, the sight is fine. What it was was that I was sighting up wrong. I found out I had empty space between the right side, but not the left. After some careful practice with it I was able to have a little space between on both sides. Shoot just fine with it now.

12. snyper85

snyper85 New Member

100 more rounds today and kind of the same problem. I have 3-4 in the bull shots and then mostly to the left. I think I may need to slow down with this gun.

13. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

The smallest of movement at the muzzle is going to be amplified at that distance. Your either flinching or pushing it...don't need snap caps to tell you that. Just keep practicing squeezing that trigger (wall drill) until there is zero movement of your front sight (not even a small one) while maintaining a good sight picture. Trigger pad placement is one thing, but need to also ensure you have a solid and consistent grip (clamshell/push/pull).