Glock Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a gen 4 22 and love my Fulcrum trigger kit. I put it in straight from Zev and did not do any adjustments. After the #2 striker spring was also installed my trigger has no creep up and pulls about 1/4 inch to a clean 3.50 lb break. It has been totally reliable and I enjoy it. A local PD armorer said it was great but too dangerous. He said he heard of NEGLIGENT discharges with the weapon firing without trigger activation, such as bumps, drops or some sort of jarring. My argument was it wont go bang without pulling the trigger. My question is does anyone have knowledge of a modified Glock going off in such a case... Thanks!

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
With the drop safety and the firing pin safety, it's next to impossible... Never heard of a glock going off without the trigger being pulled...

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Bottom line, he is right and yes it can. I'm not saying that's the case with your trigger, but there are aftermarket triggers with the Pre-travel removed and it does disable the drop safety when tested.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was my thought. I understand the whole adrenaline during stress with a light trigger thing but firing without pulling the trigger doesn't seem feasible. Didn't want to argue with him! I have checked the operation of the drop safety and the function has not been adjusted out. I chose not to mess with that.

·
Registered
217 Posts
If the parts are installed and pass the simple safety check (as described in your owner's manual) then no, you should not have any issues.

Police Departments favor heavier trigger pulls for obvious reasons and their armorers are understandably cautious.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Completely understand the reason for PD triggers. Here in Council Bluffs Iowa their 22's are at 11 pounds. Some of the guys and girls really like mine. They are supposed to be in the process of getting factory 5.5 connectors but a Captain is having second thoughts..

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Phoenix pd keeps them stock, constantly see them at Glockmeister getting their personal weapons tricked out.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Sanford NC Police have had 2 of these incidents. One officer has a limp resulting from same...
Welcome to the Forum Glock20PI. I hope you have a great time here.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Sanford NC Police have had 2 of these incidents. One officer has a limp resulting from same...
Welcome to the forum. I know Sanford, NC well. I spend a lot of time down there visiting family.

Could you elaborate on what may have happened in these instances?

It is of course possible to modify your gun to make it unsafe. If a service weapon discharged without a finger on the trigger that would be very alarming.

·
Subjugated Fate
27 Posts
jpfrescue said:
Completely understand the reason for PD triggers. Here in Council Bluffs Iowa their 22's are at 11 pounds. Some of the guys and girls really like mine. They are supposed to be in the process of getting factory 5.5 connectors but a Captain is having second thoughts..
Just for clarification so no one reading this gets pulled into the marketing. The connectors don't change the trigger weight. They can just change the breaking point and reset point. You actually need to change the springs to really get a true weight change. I could be wrong but the is what has been explained to me. Please someone else chime in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ive got the fulcrum kit in my 23 and 26. If the pretravel is taken up too far, the safety plunger that blocks the striker is being pushed up without trigger pull. Look up the mag well at your trigger bar to be certain. Dont drop it til then

1 - 13 of 13 Posts