Glock Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
ROYALE-W-CHEESE said:
Semantically, there is a such a thing as an automobile accident. Your brakes could fail... your alternator could die while you're on the freeway, thereby killing all power... your tire(s) could blow, causing you to swerve (accidentally or negligently?) into another vehicle... etc.

Agreed, unless there were only 1 or 2 rounds in the magazine.

York County, not New York. Fort Mill is in South Carolina.

What I found more interesting about the original article was the story of the kid taking his XBOX out of the gun safe and discharging his father's firearm. If you read the article, how can this happen unless the kid actually grabbed the handgun instead of the XBOX while mom wasn't looking? Also, Mom should've taken the XBOX out for him. At least with the officer who was put on probation, he outright states that the gun functioned as it should and that the fault was his.
Oh for sure my mistake.

·
Carry on my friends!!!!
974 Posts
jakedrennan45 said:
Man that's a huge mental lapse right there. How does one not simply feel the weight of rounds in the magazine before loading? It like triples the weight. I think the article said this was new york, the same place I read an NRA article about how the officers have those 12lb new york style trigger springs to prevent accidental discharges. Don't know if every department has those but it's a clear sign that the nypd has no business carrying a firearm. If they aren't responsible enough to take initiative learning safety then at least teach them. I don't think many cops train much though, at least from how it sounds with the Denver pd. my sister in law is a detective and can hardly be dragged in to shoot and same with most of them she said. For their own safety they need to train a lot. One of my military friends can't even shoot a handgun without jamming it due to limp wristing every other shot. How was he never trained to shoot a glock but has to carry one most of the time??? Absolutely blows my mind. He literally can't even load the mags. How does this even happen in our own military and police departments?
Nahh it's only NYPD that makes their officers carry their glocks with those stupid 12lb trigger kits. Its actually quite a good thing bc some of those officers are so ignorant when it comes to firearn safety.

·
Registered
15 Posts
GlockIt said:
Nahh it's only NYPD that makes their officers carry their glocks with those stupid 12lb trigger kits. Its actually quite a good thing bc some of those officers are so ignorant when it comes to firearn safety.
Yeah, if you need a 12lb trigger to operate a firearm safely you may need more training. It's also easy to criticize from the couch...

·
Carry on my friends!!!!
974 Posts
novarat63 said:
Yeah, if you need a 12lb trigger to operate a firearm safely you may need more training. It's also easy to criticize from the couch...
I'm not really criticizing per say just basing my first hand experience that's all.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wow! Wouldn't it make you think if you dry fire once with the mag in place and rack the slide to reset the trigger with the mag still in place and it returns to battery without locking the slide that there was a round in the mag? And it's a great thing to hear that NDs aren't an "uncommon occurrence" in law enforcement. They should know the ins and outs of their firearm better than anyone and would have enough training and common sense to safely carry a loaded weapon. It's kind of scary if you think about it.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
dj613 said:
Wow! Wouldn't it make you think if you dry fire once with the mag in place and rack the slide to reset the trigger with the mag still in place and it returns to battery without locking the slide that there was a round in the mag? And it's a great thing to hear that NDs aren't an "uncommon occurrence" in law enforcement. They should know the ins and outs of their firearm better than anyone and would have enough training and common sense to safely carry a loaded weapon. It's kind of scary if you think about it.
That'd be a negative, most of the time law enforcement will only use their firearms for training and qualification. Which is once a quarter or so depending on department. At most they know how to clean it. They'll normally have some one service their weapons When I go training at my local range, we happen to have the police academy next to us... Just talking to their instructors, they tell me for most of the cadets it's their first time handling a firearm... They say they know how to handle their weapon, but this guy in the video is a perfect example that they don't.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am-Qdx6vky0&sns=em[/ame]

·
Registered
33 Posts
chilly613 said:
That'd be a negative, most of the time law enforcement will only use their firearms for training and qualification. Which is once a quarter or so depending on department. At most they know how to clean it. They'll normally have some one service their weapons When I go training at my local range, we happen to have the police academy next to us... Just talking to their instructors, they tell me for most of the cadets it's their first time handling a firearm... They say they know how to handle their weapon, but this guy in the video is a perfect example that they don't.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am-Qdx6vky0&sns=em
Wow! He's lucky that nobody was killed.

·
Chris
2,812 Posts
To say it kindly! thank lowered standards and affirmative action for some of the best and brightest in our police and military. Can't put the most qualified in the position put who u must r who fits the requirement .God help this country !
If u can do the job I dont care if u are purple . That guy is just stupid !!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.