Glock Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Stupidity across the board! No offense to the boys in blue, but most stories of negligent discharge are officer involved. This was no accident. His finger was on the trigger and he pulled it. Accident is if the trigger was caught on something. At least he said it was his fault.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Glockmaster said:
Always always check the chamber indicator and or pull the slide back a little bit to see if there is a round in the chamber..

Agreed no accident here just a stupid mistake.
Yup... But I don't trust the indicator either... Press check all the way for me.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
dj613 said:
Wow! Wouldn't it make you think if you dry fire once with the mag in place and rack the slide to reset the trigger with the mag still in place and it returns to battery without locking the slide that there was a round in the mag? And it's a great thing to hear that NDs aren't an "uncommon occurrence" in law enforcement. They should know the ins and outs of their firearm better than anyone and would have enough training and common sense to safely carry a loaded weapon. It's kind of scary if you think about it.
That'd be a negative, most of the time law enforcement will only use their firearms for training and qualification. Which is once a quarter or so depending on department. At most they know how to clean it. They'll normally have some one service their weapons When I go training at my local range, we happen to have the police academy next to us... Just talking to their instructors, they tell me for most of the cadets it's their first time handling a firearm... They say they know how to handle their weapon, but this guy in the video is a perfect example that they don't.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am-Qdx6vky0&sns=em[/ame]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.