About to shoot stuff!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ritylin, Feb 12, 2012.

1. ritylin

ritylin New Member

My girl agreed to take the NRA course for our permit to carry next weekend. Once we get it I'm picking up a 21 and she's gonna love it!

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum ritylin !!

Remember to stop back and show us some pics of that new G21...

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012

3. ritylin

ritylin New Member

Well, with the laws in CT it might be a few months before I can buy it but I'll post as soon as I do.

4. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Welcome, ritylin!

Read on, and when you have a question, do not hesitate to ask: around here, you are among friends!

5. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Welcome to the Glock Forum! Stick around, you will like it here!

6. CJKOLCUN

CJKOLCUN New Member

Welcome to the Forum.

7. ritylin

ritylin New Member

Submitted my paperwork and should have my permit in 9 weeks. Until then I'll shoot my buddy's 41 mag. Woohooo!!

8. odgreen

odgreen Senior Member

Make sure your GF's hand fits around a 21. I tried my husband's 22 and although I was able to shoot it I eventually settled for a 27.

9. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hey Ritylin, got a Q:

Is it pronounced as in "methylphenidate" ?

Just curious.

10. ritylin

ritylin New Member

Haha, yeah it was my first screen name back in the day so I stuck with it. :)

11. ritylin

ritylin New Member

She shot a S&W model 60 with .38 rounds last week and loved it. She's gonna get that and isn't too cool with larger caliber yet. Great thing is, that gun is a .357 mag so I can enjoy it too!! Shoots both.

12. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

You have no idea how lucky you are that your other half supports and indeed enjoys the sport!

Others are not so lucky, so be glad of your fortune.

Make sure to take pics at the range and share 'em, too.

Cheers!

13. scrubber3

scrubber3 New Member

I'm actually lucky on that aspect too. My fiancé just submitted her paperwork for CCL earlier this week. If you intend to get a 21 you may be able to settle on a 21SF ( short frame) for smaller hands. I know that they are available for the 30 and I am almost positive they make the sf for the 21 as well. Would make it easier for her to shoot. I will tell you that the 21 will be difficult to conceal if that is your intention. They make smaller .45 calibers you may be interested in looking at first.

Welcome to the forum. These guys are a class act.... Most of the time. Lol :)

14. ritylin

ritylin New Member

Thanks for all your comments everyone. My girl and I have an understanding about guns now. She knows I want something with stopping power and a good "bang". She wants that too but will work her way up to it. As for a concealed gun...I'll grab a smaller one but for home protection I'm getting the 21 and for extra fun I plan on a S&W 500. That comes later, though.

15. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

Welcome to the forum!!!!

16. ritylin

ritylin New Member

Yep, it's now almost 11 weeks since submitting my paperwork for a carry permit. Gotta love CT. Going back to the local police in a day or so.

17. runman

runman New Member

I'm with ya. I'm just over 9 weeks waiting here in NV and still nothing.

18. ritylin

ritylin New Member

Just sucks the govt makes a law abiding citizen wait this long. If I were a criminal I would have been able to buy 20 pistols by now.

19. runman

runman New Member

Wow, I guess I didn't understand at first. I'm just waiting on my concealed carry permit, I already have the gun. You have to wait that long just to get the gun? That's ridiculous!

20. Go with a G30 with the G21 mags, +2 extension and mag-sleeve for 15 rounds while at home, and can carry it with a 9 or 10 round mag.

Move to Texas, can walk into a store and leave in 20 minutes with your gun of choice... Just give them your drivers license and they'll get authorization from the state, and if you're clean you'll be a happy man (or woman, as the case may be).