a 'LNIB' Gen-III G19 Frame ... Project Piece

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by Globemaster, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Globemaster

Globemaster New Member

I picked up a 'Project Piece' the other day, it's a Gen-III G19 Frame, and it came w/ four 'high-cap' 15-round mags, and one 'low-cap' 10-round magazine, plus the seller tossed in 250 rounds of factory FMJ, in (5) separate 50-round boxes.

Q: is ... what do I do with it now?

[​IMG]

2. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Okay,... What happened to the Upper? Is the Lower operational?

3. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Sell it to me! LOL

Go to Glockmeister.com or lonewolfdist.com and order you a new complete or stripped slide. Cost you about 300-400 bucks for a complete one and around $200 for a stripped one. Or, you can search around for someone selling a complete one for 250-300.
    Those are about the only options. I looked into it a while back. Good luck and post pictures as you put it together!

http://www.glockmeister.com/GLOCK-19-Complete-Upper-Assembly/productinfo/G19UPPER/
    http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1177

4. Globemaster

Globemaster New Member

he sold it some time ago ... and yes, the lower assembly is complete and functional.

this complete Gen-III G19 frame w/ extras was listed on the 'Local' Arfcom EE, as the seller is moving to CA soon, and needed some funds; he told me that he parted-out the slide assembly a long time ago, and that he was planning on doing a semi-custom build; he installed a 3.5lb trigger, and then got laid-off from work.

your not the first to ask me that; as I picked up the entire ‘Lot’ for $200 FTF, and the seller tossed in an additional 250 rounds of factory new 115gr. FMJ in (5) 50/count boxes; this is what I got in the sale …

(4) OEM 15-round mags
    (1) OEM 10-round mag
    (5) boxes of (50) 115gr. FMJ 9mm
    (1) LNIB GenIII G19 Frame

thanks for the tips and links, and I’ve been on those sites via Google, and in reality, I can buy a ‘New’ Glock locally for about $500

I’m currently searching for an ‘OEM’ upper assembly

I’m also interested in a Tactical Solution® or an Advantage Arms® conversion Kit … any recommendations or advice would be

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  5. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Sounds good then. I just asked because glock897 has been sending his back & forth to Glock for repairs, and I guess today they're going to replace his whole G19. If your sure yours is good to go, then I guess you proceed from there. Get a complete upper & start shooting it.

6. Globemaster

Globemaster New Member

it should be GTG … and if not? I do have a friend who runs on ShootersNW with me, and he’s a ‘Certified Glock Armorist’ and he’s got plenty of experience with all of the Glock generations.

7. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

You got a good deal. I agree with the conversion kit to a .22 might be a good option! I like the 19s and would want it to run a 9mm, I guess that is the only reason why I didn't think of mentioning it earlier.

If you shop around a while, you might find a used upper for a good price.

8. Globemaster

Globemaster New Member

I thought so too …

I have a Gen-I with an aftermarket Rattac NM Broach-Cut threaded barrel on it already; so that’s why I was considering the .22LR Kits.

I’m in the hunt for either, or both.

this is my Rattac® G19 NM Broach-Cut barrel … I ordered up the Rattac Glock19 threaded barrel from >>> AGS Armament.com and at that time, they had a Sale going, so I got the barrel for $107-less shipping

[​IMG]

9. Globemaster

Globemaster New Member

here's his Facebook Page web link >>> Rattac

10. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

If it were me I would throw a Glock G38 slide on that puppy. I just built one for a customer of mine and it's a sweet shooter. He actually offered to sell it back to me and I may take him up on it.

11. Globemaster

Globemaster New Member

.45 G.A.P ... thanks, but no thanks, as that caliber has never really interested me much; now if it could be converted to .45ACP, I could get excited about that :cool:

12. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Sweet!

I just picked up a gen 4 lower for a 23 off of gun broker. I was going to use it for this project i'm working on. But, i bought a totally separate 23 for that. So this is not mated to my Advantage Arms .22 Kit.

When my lone wolff Slide is finally available, I"m going to build another 23 with it, but for right now, it's going to be my .22 LR Glock.

D