a little modification.

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by whiskeyx89, May 31, 2012.

1. whiskeyx89

whiskeyx89 New Member

Glock forum,

I've found I'm rather susceptible to modifying my glocks. My new purchase, a G 23, is stock. It makes me sad. I'm starting a post to discuss certain modifications I have in mind and I'm using parts I've previously installed on my glock 19 as a comparison.

Glock 19
    current modifications; EXO coating by fail zero, Ameriglo I-dot pro sights, sure touch slide release, ghost extended/tear drop mag release, pachmyer slip on grips, custom black slide cover.
    (I feel rather uneasy about the ghost mag release, as I use this weapon for carry. I have had it drop my mag unintentionally once. I'm now in the habit of pressing the mag floor plate just to be sure.)

Glock 23
    wanted modifications; chrome 3 pin kit, chrome extractor, stainless steel guide rod, chrome sure touch slide release, chrome sure touch mag release (requires frame cutting). TruGlo TFO sights.

I think the black with chrome would look nice in contrast to the exo with black on my glock 19. I do intend to white the lettering on my G23 and probably try a bright orange lettering on my G19 [match the sight].

another modification I'm considering is the beaver tail accessory. Any one have any experience with it?

Opinions? Input? Advice?

Thank you.

2. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Why buy a chrome slide stop when you can polish it to the stainless look?

3. whiskeyx89

whiskeyx89 New Member

You under estimate my laziness.

Also I'm rather fond of the sure touch.extended slide stop/slide release. It had a broader surface area compared to glock and others.