Glock Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subject: guns

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY
In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.. Now, Obama wants to register, then list, all gun owners as the first step in taking your guns away. Then comes the big round-up.

You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.
Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.
Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!
The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.
With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.
During WW II the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!
If you value your freedom, please spread this anti gun - control message to all of your friends.
The purpose of fighting is to win.
There is no possible victory in defense.
The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either.
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.
SWITZERLAND ISSUES EVERY HOUSEHOLD A GUN!
SWITZERLAND'S GOVERNMENT TRAINS EVERY ADULT THEY ISSUE A RIFLE.
SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED
COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
We should never forget history. We need to learn from history!

Thanks for posting this info.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Subject: guns

A LITTLE GUN HISTORY
China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

This needs to be put into historical Context. Japan invaded China in 1931.

By 1935, the "Chinese government" was actually a Japanese occupation force along the coast and in the northeast. Occupation forces don't want people to have weapons. In the interior of the country, the nationalist government and the communist rebels who, previous to 1938, were too busy fighting with each other to give much of a hoot about the Japanese, came to an uneasy alliance to fight the Japanese.

So this 1935 statement is not entirely true.

At the end of the war in 1945, the two sides go back to fighting each other. I would suspect, it would be at this time that that good guys (the nationalists) also institute some sort of gun control in an effort to keep arms out of the hands of the rebels.

Soon thereafter, in 1949, the "glorious revolution" is complete and the Nationalists flee to Taiwan and to this day the "Free Chinese" enjoy the protection of the United States.

Communist China had it's own set of gun control laws in place shortly after the takeover. THIS is what left political dissidents defenseless. Not some law in 1935.

Fast forward to June 1989, Tiananmen Square. Can you imagine what kind of spark would have been ignited if private citizens were armed in China? Arab Spring? Forget that. Tainanmen would have been much worse. If an armed revolution started in China then, they would STILL be fighting to this day.

Anyway, I digress.

The Chinese are still concerned about gun control because.. guess what? Even WITH all their gun control laws, criminals and terrorists STILL get guns. Go figure:
http://armedselfdefense.blogspot.com/2012/02/communist-china-calls-for-stricter.html

D

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the clarification and additional information. Somebody sent me the info via an email moving through cyberspace so I wasn't sure on the accuracy of much of it. However, I think it illustrates a good point - when citizens are unable to defend themselves (for whatever reason), bad things can and have happened.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Thanks for the clarification and additional information. Somebody sent me the info via an email moving through cyberspace so I wasn't sure on the accuracy of much of it. However, I think it illustrates a good point - when citizens are unable to defend themselves (for whatever reason), bad things can and have happened.
Absolutely! The core lessons are the same and that's the key.

Since this e-mails been flying around, there have been a ton of discussions on the validity of the arguments. If you google part of phrase from the e-mail, there are pages and pages of arguments (I hesitate to call them "discussions") about the arguments presented in the e-mail.

Chief argument from the non-2a folks doesn't often come from the historic side, but from this, "the arguments laid out in the e-mail only work if based on the supposition that an armed populace would have been successfully able to defends itself and create a different outcome".

Anyway, there you go.

D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.