A Glock saved me from Assault

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by juggler, Dec 15, 2011.

1. juggler

juggler New Member

Here's the story of how a Glock saved my son and I from Assault.

[ame]http://youtu.be/Ly4IVSjpMyo[/ame]

Let me know what you think :)

2. VCMike

VCMike New Member

CA
    Nice Video, Thanks for sharing!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011

3. Nice Video you are right on your veiw to be ready at any time

4. Very nice video and kudos to you for putting it up and describing it the right way.

5. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

Kudos to you for having the intestinal fortitude to handle this situation with a safe outcome!

6. Noodles

Noodles New Member

Thankful for you and your son that you were prepared.

Glad things didn't go differently. Road rage is a very real threat that can affect anyone. It is easy to forget that driving in traffic is a social interaction where you deal with hundreds, and even thousands of different people. We all hope that everyone is just trying to get where they are going, but you just don't know what another persons state of mind is. Unlike when you decide not to go to certain neighborhoods, or areas of the city because they are unsafe, The highway isn't an environment you can "control". Everyone drives on the highway- from regular citizens to murderous criminals.

When someone uses a multiple ton vehicle to threaten harm to others, and it comes to a confrontation I don't find it unreasonable at all to introduce a firearm into the equation as a means of protection.

my best to you,

P

7. juggler

juggler New Member

Thanks, everyone for you positive feedback. I am traveling, so I don't have much time on the internet. Thank you all for watching the video.

Have a safe rest of year if I don't get back to the group,

Juggler

8. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

You too friend...be safe (I'm sure you will!)

9. DVCguns

DVCguns New Member

Awesome video dude! I added to my channel, well done!

10. kj4963

kj4963 New Member

Great Video, thanks for posting it.

11. Wade

Wade New Member

Good video. Glad it turned out with no one hurt. Hopefully, that jerk learned his lesson, but I kind of doubt it.

12. iRockGlock

iRockGlock Active Member

Thanks for sharing !

13. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Like the way u did the vid :). Thx for
    Sharing.

Also wanted to add that i was told in a situation like urs, after the altercation ends like urs did, that you should call the police and let them know what happened before the other person calls them and says you threaten them with the gun first. Any input?

14. iRockGlock

iRockGlock Active Member

That indeed

15. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Agree completely.

I've had a few close calls, but so far I've been able to either defuse or avoid the situation before drawing my gun became necessary.

The worst of those situations left me unarmed because of GA's good old "public gathering" law and my concern about leaving a gun in a vehicle at the venue.

16. juggler

juggler New Member

So you can't carry your sidearm if you are at a public gathering in GA?

17. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Great vid...wish you and your family well !!

18. Thanks for sharing your story!!! I'll post that video to my facebook page to spread the word.

19. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Didn't you know? Criminals hate public gatherings and crazed gunmen never go to a crowded place and start shooting. :rolleyes:

20. Grabber GT

Grabber GT New Member

Ohio
    Great story. I hadn't owned a gun till just a few months ago. Now I take one with me everywhere I go. Obviously, this world isn't getting any better! Better to be prepared.