A beautiful dream ruined

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Old Bloke, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Old Bloke

Old Bloke Grumpy Old Man Supporter

I was in the local Hardware today. I have long pondered whether I really need an 'Impact Wrench'? I don't work on vehicles all that much anymore, it's been a case of .....If it shines it's mine!
    Much to my joy there was a 20w job for $115.00 Au! Ha! It's a sign from above! I grabbed hold of a salesman and asked why the deal was too good to be true? Wish I hadn't !!!!!:mad:

Yes the said wrench was that price but.......You need to buy a battery ($100.00Au ) a charger ($70.00) Then the cheapest set of sockets was another $70.00 Au and that was a basic set for wheels!!!

I politely excused myself , went out to my car and sat and cried for a couple of minutes!!! Who still remembers when everything was sold together? Tool ,Battery and charger?

GlockGhost, SJ 40, wrpNYFL and 4 others like this.
  2. Southlake

Southlake Moderator Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

It's called an iPhone.

3. Southlake

Southlake Moderator Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

4. Old Bloke

Old Bloke Grumpy Old Man Supporter

Give it time! They haven't worked that one out yet!:rolleyes::D

Danzig and Southlake like this.
  5. Pat Harmon

Pat Harmon Well-Known Member Supporter

central Pa
    In the summer months I mow a cemetery and use a weedeater. I was tired of lugging all the stuff with the gas ones.Gas,string gas can etc) So, I purchased a Dewalt 60v weedeater. It came with a battery and charger. But, I couldn't get all the work around the fence and 200 stones. I decided to buy a 2nd battery.. The 2nd battery alone was $189. I was a bit displeased. The salesman I was talking to said he was in the same situation and what he did was buy a second weedeater that came with charger and battery. At that time the complete deal was $10 cheaper than just the battery. I also bought a leaf blower that uses the same battery so now I am set. I just don't understand the reasoning of it myself..

Old Bloke, TheKraken, Olga17 and 3 others like this.