Glock Firearms banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering how well the 9mm rounds fit and feed in the 40 mags. Here in canada we are limited to 10 rounds max in any cal. However, stuffing 12-14 9mm rounds in a 40 mag would be perfectly legal:rolleyes:

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
Lol I mean they would feed but not perfectly reliable. If you're talking about at the range then it would work good enough. Of course you're not really allowed to protect yourself up there so it wouldn't really matter if it fed 100% lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol I mean they would feed but not perfectly reliable. If you're talking about at the range then it would work good enough. Of course you're not really allowed to protect yourself up there so it wouldn't really matter if it fed 100% lol.
No Kidding.....Welcome to the "People's Republic Of Ontario"

they will not work, they are too narrow and will slip through the 40 magazine and double feed, I already tried
Thanks, it was worth a shot.

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
they will not work, they are too narrow and will slip through the 40 magazine and double feed, I already tried
There are plenty of people who do this when they convert their .40 cal Glocks to 9mm with a conversion barrel. Like I said it isn't 100% reliable lol, but it will get the job done in a pinch and not in a situation where your life depends on it, I'd say it has the same failure rate as an aftermarket cheap 9mm magazine haha.

·
Banned
654 Posts
put it this way, if you are in a situation where your life is at stake and all you have is a g22 and empty magazine with 100's of 9mm ammo laying around, yes I would do whatever is possible, if you have a choice for your edc NO I would not do it.

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
They use .40 mags with 9mm barrel, but as I stated, he lives in Canada. EDC is not an issue or an option because they can't carry weapons.

·
Banned
786 Posts
Yepper, i have a Glock 17 Gen 4 and i have a .40 mag laying around, so i was wondering if the 9mm will fit and feed well enough to use it.
Then give it a try and let us know how it works ;)

Back in the dark ages of the decade long ban here I knew a few fellows that used Beretta 96 mags in their 92s and they never had a single problem.

Let us know how it works out...

·
1,310 Posts
miamivice said:
I'm wondering how well the 9mm rounds fit and feed in the 40 mags. Here in canada we are limited to 10 rounds max in any cal. However, stuffing 12-14 9mm rounds in a 40 mag would be perfectly legal:rolleyes:
I use my g23 mags in my G19 all the time at the range, and it's never had a FTF or any other issue. I would not necessarily use it to carry, but at the range, it works well. Never actually tried to see how many rounds I could stuff into it. I typically only load 10 rounds per mag at the range.

·
Banned
654 Posts
loading 9mm rounds into a .40S&W, I could not even get 1 more round in the .40S&W magazine, the difference between the two cases is 0.032

the 9mm diameter 0.392
the .40S&W diameter 0.424

·
Banned
4,056 Posts
Tape said:
loading 9mm rounds into a .40S&W, I could not even get 1 more round in the .40S&W magazine, the difference between the two cases is 0.032

the 9mm diameter 0.392
the .40S&W diameter 0.424
I'm trying to see how this could be.
A 9mm bullet is .355" in diameter. A .40 is .401" in diameter.
.392 - .355 is .037, and .424 - .401 is .023.
That would mean the casing on the 9mm is .037", and the casing on the .40 is .023".

Now if a .40 has a higher pressure, wouldn't it need a thicker casing?

I absolutely could be wrong, so if I am, someone correct me. I'm really interested in this.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts