Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it!
1,000 Posts
Search your topic name and you'll come up with a couple dozen threads on this.

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
I carry everything from Winchester Black Talons to Federal Hydro-Shoks

and Hornady Critical Defense in my Kel Tec PF-9 BUG.

·
Premium Member
13,270 Posts
I use Hornady Critical Defense in my Glock 17, and Kahr pm9. I have some Black Talons, but i don't carry them. I don't know if I would get in trouble for carrying the black talons. I am not a L.E.O. Anyone know if I can carry black talons legally.

·
Registered
232 Posts
It seems many of you carry the Hornaday Critical Defense in 9mm. I have also gathered that this link http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Self_Defense_Ammo_FAQ/index.htm
seems to be info that a lot of you use.

Hornaday CD is not one of the recommended rounds and in fact it mentions there is only one 115 gr bullet recommended. Is this because the author considers it an inferior round or was it not available when the article was written?

It looks like a lot of you smart people recommend both this round and this site so I'm just wondering if I'm missing something or is it back to personal preference?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Another advocate of critical defense. Another good option is to find out what ammunition your local LEOs carry can use it. That way if you ever find yourself in court, and your ammunition is brought up, you can say "Its good enough for police, why shouldnt it be good enough for me?"

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
762X51 said:
I picked up 4 boxes on critical duty 135 gr +p today. Will test them out this weekend
What kind of gun are you loading them in?
I read that the duty only performs well in full sized pistols

·
"The Sarge"
668 Posts
In my 9mm pistols I carry 147gr Federal Tactical HST. And HST is my first choice in 40, 357SIG, and 45ACP. Close seconds are Winchester Ranger T or Speer Gold Dot. Critical Defense is not even a consideration with me. Bill

1 - 20 of 34 Posts