9mm Ballistics Testing

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by taperguy, Mar 7, 2012.

1. taperguy

taperguy New Member

I'm converting my G23 to a 9mm for a carry piece. My biggest concern with the 9mm is over penetration. I know with 339 ft lbs muzzle torque that it has the stopping power. I don't want to risk endangering friendlies by blasting thru an attacker or thru a wall. I'm considering loading 124 gr Hornady TAP cartrages. Has anyone done any testing on 9mm ammo? Ballistics numbers don't tell the whole story. I would appreciate some good recommendations.

2. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

^^^----what Mike posted! Really GOOOOD info!

3. taperguy

taperguy New Member

Wow there is some good info on Youtube. The Hornady Critical defense in 115 grains might fit the bill. I do want to test it myself. How about the Double Tap Montana Gold with 476 ft lbs of torque? That's alot of power from 9 mm. It blasted thru all 5 jugs.

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Hey Mike P...is that your site !?

5. Ha! I wish!!! Never met the guy personally, just been following him for a long time. Yeah his early testing with the jugs full of wet paper were a little iffy but at least he kept the test baseline consistent. His later current testing with gel is even better.

He has playlist set up in most calibers which makes it easy to find what you want.

6. taperguy

taperguy New Member

His testing is a big improvement over the guys shooting cans and koolaid.