Glock Forum banner

9MM ammo

3K views 38 replies 12 participants last post by  SixG17s 
#1 ·
Looking for recommendations for 9MM ammo with least amount of recoil.

#17 ·
G 26 is a difficult shooter. Bad body mechanics.
If you can overcome that, try a 147 standard pressure round. Leave the niche ammo to the niche shooters, there is a reason agencies don't use them. I despise 9MM, but there are a few in the house. I do love my Ruger Security9, and being 9MM is the only thing wrong with it.
Go find yourself something you can get all your fingers around, solidly.
Leave the small and micro guns to the healthy and accomplished. Take it from a broken guy.
Good Luck, and Happy Shopping

#19 ·
Standard velocity 9mm in the 124gr range, depending what you're shooting it out of, doesn't have much recoil anyway but if you have problems with your hands, degenerative arthritis in my case, shooting a small frame handgun can be difficult.
I like the 38 caliber myself and have a S&W model 10-10 revolver in 38sp. Simple and easy to use; just pull the trigger and it goes Bang! :)
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp...............

#27 · (Edited)
Sounds like we're a well worn bunch of folks. :LOL: Here's my list; both ankles are fused, both knees are quite worn, the right elbow doesn't open all the way, severe degenerative arthritis in both hands and wrists, discs 5 through 7 in my neck have collapsed entirely and 1 through 4 have lost significant space between them.
Pain is such a constant that it's become a normality.
But I've had some very interesting adventures and a whole lot of fun wearing this body out and I can still shoot. :ROFLMAO:
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp................

#29 ·
Sounds like we're a well worn bunch of folks. :LOL: Here's my list; both ankles are fused, both knees are quite worn, the right elbow doesn't open all the way, severe degenerative arthritis in both hands and wrists, discs 5 through 7 in my neck have collapsed entirely and 1 through 4 have lost significant space between them.
But I can still shoot and I've had some very interesting adventures and a whole lot of fun wearing this body out. :ROFLMAO:
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp................
LOL, a leg I'm not supposed to be able to walk on, but do. 6 plates holding ribs together (if you break a rib, and they offer to plate it,,,,,,,,DO IT), one functional lung, left shoulder has about half range of motion, right shoulder has a damaged rotator cuff (ortho doesn't want to fool with it because he says it's better than it would probably be if he did fool with it), STM is sketchy, random loss of balance when standing. Arthritis in my hands, but not too awful bad. Dental situation is a mess after the wreck. Malnourishment, antibiotics, genetics, what ever, it went off the road. Dentist worked a lot harder with me than she signed up for, but kudos to her.
NOW, having vision loss in one eye. Going to get the third level of evaluation Friday. When it rains it pours.

#31 ·
Not sad brother, glad. I don't remember any of it, but my wife was given quite a dark outlook for me. She didn't give up on me, and kept me going until my head caught up and I could self motivate. I'm walking, and living without supplemental oxygen.
Things aren't all rainbows an unicorns, but hard to complain too much. Finding a good supporting team helps and being the "difficult" person I am, rubs off on them. If not on board to start with, you are out or catching up. Being demanding is an asset if you do it right.
The demanding, militant personality paid off and continues to. LostWife is a "take you out, loser" gal, when she has to be. Not many things scare me, but she can. I love that woman.
I wouldn't have envisioned this life, but it really is hard to complain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.