9mm ammo

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by garryt182003, Mar 10, 2012.

1. garryt182003

garryt182003 New Member

Hi, what's some good 9mm ammo for my pd glock 17 ?

2. garryt182003

garryt182003 New Member

What's the best ammo for a g17?

3. JollyTrooper

JollyTrooper New Member

The kind that goes bang.

4. Glocked

Glocked New Member

Cheapest brass that works? 9mm Monarch brass from academy. It runs clean and I've never had an FTF.

5. Glock19

Glock19 New Member

This guy lol

6. JollyTrooper

JollyTrooper New Member

Yes, yes...I made a funny, but there is a great amount of truth to it. I buy ammo by comparing price per round. I just picked up 1000 rounds of JHPs in once fired brass by BVAC for a song...about $.23 per round. They work just as well as Speer gold dot. If it comes down to actually having to shoot someone, it won't matter what I spent on the bullet as long as it does not fail to fire.

7. macwhite4265

macwhite4265 New Member

Hornady Critical Defense

8. casey97

casey97 New Member

For practice both my Glocks eat everything I feed them. For defense I use Hornady Zombie Max (the same ammo as Hornady Critical Defense but in a cool box).

9. LRodgers

LRodgers New Member

Walmart is now selling in my area, North Mississippi and West TN, the burgundy 100rd box of Federal Champion for $19.95. Comes out to $.20 per round.

10. RogerH

RogerH New Member

as i've said on other post i recently picked up 1000 umc for 179.00 at bi mart works for me comes to .18 a round

11. jem375

jem375 New Member

For serious SD work, Federal HST's in 124 and 147 gr., for plinking just about anything will do.......

12. Glock19

Glock19 New Member

I wasn't trying to be a jerk. I totally agree with you. :)

13. JollyTrooper

JollyTrooper New Member

I didn't think you were...I thought I should have qualified the funny.

14. Sarabian

Sarabian Slightly Opinionated

I like both the Glaser Safety Slug and the Winchester Silvertip for defensive work. For practice I normally shoot FMJ from Winchester or Fiocci.

15. fls348

fls348 New Member

Practice ammo I buy the cheapest I can find. I usually try to buy at least 1000 to get the better deals. It usually comes out to cheapo steel-cased stuff but it puts holes in paper as good as any.

Carry ammo, I use the Federal 147gr. HST Tactical. It's what our Dept. issues and after reviewing most every other 9mm ammo out there I'm very confident in carrying it daily in both my on & off duty firearms.

16. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

I reload all my ammo except 12-gauge and .22LR.

Best way to keep my hands busy while watching TV....

17. condor56

condor56 New Member

Can u use +p in glocks? Have spoke to others. Some say yes others say no. Any suggestions?

18. BORIS

BORIS New Member

For 9mm

Glocks were designed for use with CIP spec ammo. To give you an idea, SAAMI +P, or so they call it has less pressure than standard CIP spec ammo. CIP has a pressure limit of 39,200 psi compared to SAAMIs so called+P limit of 38,500 psi.

Any ammo marked +P will not even be near the pressures the Glocks are made for.

Here is a snipit from my CIP loading manual. FWIW almost every CIP starting load is hotter than the SAAMI loads.

+P aint going to hurt your gun in the slightest, infact it will be gentle on your Glock.....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  19. condor56

condor56 New Member

Thanks for ur help.