Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Glock19 said:
This guy lol
Yes, yes...I made a funny, but there is a great amount of truth to it. I buy ammo by comparing price per round. I just picked up 1000 rounds of JHPs in once fired brass by BVAC for a song...about $.23 per round. They work just as well as Speer gold dot. If it comes down to actually having to shoot someone, it won't matter what I spent on the bullet as long as it does not fail to fire.

·
Registered
391 Posts
For practice both my Glocks eat everything I feed them. For defense I use Hornady Zombie Max (the same ammo as Hornady Critical Defense but in a cool box).

·
Registered
367 Posts
Yes, yes...I made a funny, but there is a great amount of truth to it. I buy ammo by comparing price per round. I just picked up 1000 rounds of JHPs in once fired brass by BVAC for a song...about $.23 per round. They work just as well as Speer gold dot. If it comes down to actually having to shoot someone, it won't matter what I spent on the bullet as long as it does not fail to fire.
I wasn't trying to be a jerk. I totally agree with you. :)

·
Slightly Opinionated
235 Posts
I like both the Glaser Safety Slug and the Winchester Silvertip for defensive work. For practice I normally shoot FMJ from Winchester or Fiocci.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Practice ammo I buy the cheapest I can find. I usually try to buy at least 1000 to get the better deals. It usually comes out to cheapo steel-cased stuff but it puts holes in paper as good as any.

Carry ammo, I use the Federal 147gr. HST Tactical. It's what our Dept. issues and after reviewing most every other 9mm ammo out there I'm very confident in carrying it daily in both my on & off duty firearms.

·
Banned
786 Posts
For 9mm

Glocks were designed for use with CIP spec ammo. To give you an idea, SAAMI +P, or so they call it has less pressure than standard CIP spec ammo. CIP has a pressure limit of 39,200 psi compared to SAAMIs so called+P limit of 38,500 psi.

Any ammo marked +P will not even be near the pressures the Glocks are made for.

Here is a snipit from my CIP loading manual. FWIW almost every CIP starting load is hotter than the SAAMI loads.

+P aint going to hurt your gun in the slightest, infact it will be gentle on your Glock.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts