Glock Firearms banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
My PSA came in today. One week from order to delivery. It feels like a quality gun and looks great IMO. I have aquestion for those of you that have had AR platform guns. The buffer tube on the PSA is MIL Spec and looks the same as on the SBA 3 brace. SB Tactical said "Our SBA3 will be compatible with the tube currently on that pistol, no need to swap that out. " So, do I take the tube off of the SBA 3 or how do I put it on. Installation only shows putting it on from scratch w/ no tube on. I'm also trying to decide if I need an amorer's wrench right now or can wait. Sorry for the basic questions, 1st time with AR platform.
View attachment 239425 View attachment 239427
Congratulations! It is an awesome AR pistol.

To answer your question about the SBA brace, just remove the brace from the tube that came with it. Then slide the brace on the gun’s tube.

Watch the video below.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Congratulations! It is an awesome AR pistol.

To answer your question about the SBA brace, just remove the brace from the tube that came with it. Then slide the brace on the gun’s tube.

Watch the video below.

Thank you. That was what I needed. So Simple, but I would've been trying forever on my own. That's what I love about this forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m in the process of building my FM9. Best customer service I have had anywhere on anything. 90% will be FM Products. Allowed me to budget for the DPM AR9 recoil buffer system. I will follow up in a month or two when it is complete.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 · (Edited)
Hey guys. The PSA is great. But having always been a Glock and Mossberg guy I didn't think some potential problems for me. Due to several surgeries, my right eye is legally blind and I am right handed. That said, I can not use my Romeo 5 in the normal 12o'clock position, can't position my left eye to see it. I bought a 45 degree offset picatinny rail, but moving the RDS to the left and down 45 degrees causes the same problem. Lining it up, it seems the RDS being parallel to the top rail would work for me. Think of it in normal 12 o'clock position-then just slid parallel to the left. I'm thinking of a parallel picatinny mount. The pic below is bad, but I hope it gives to an idea of what I'm asking. Does anyone know of picatinny mount like that? I'm aware of my option to learn to shoot it lefty, but that would be a last resort. Do you guys have some creative ideas for me to try? I'm open to any advice. Thx.

·
Premium Member
13,168 Posts
Upper Receiver Action Rod AR 15

Used like shown

I personally dislike doing business with this supplier
KZ Barrel Spline Socket Rod For AR15/M4 Upper Receivers

There was a time when these could be had from many suppliers,IIRC I got mine from Etrean Tactical however they appear to be out of stock at the moment,IIRC paid 29.99 for it.

Here is another supplier that is very close in price, without having to deal with Botach.

Guntec AR15 Upper Receiver Vise Rod Installation Action Tool AR-15 Valhalla Tactical Supply

AR-15 Reaction Rods – Pros and Cons with SOTAR

It won't aid you in cleaning but any maintenance work or even building, changing muzzle devices, gas block or changing barrels all can be accomplished with a action rod with out worry about damage to your upper or just get a magazine block and clean away.
add a magazine block along with it ,which I use to clean with and you have all you need besides a vice to clamp them in to.

ProMag AR-15/M16 Lower Receiver Magazine Well Vise Block
$11.99

ProMag AR-15/M16 Lower Receiver Magazine Well Vise Block | Academy

With these two tools and vice,one can build a AR from stripped parts into a complete AR and do your cleaning with out taking up much space at all.
That’s the only ProMag product I can endorse. I’ve used mine for many years. Works perfectly!

41 - 56 of 56 Posts