Oregon 9/14 USPSA Albany

Discussion in 'North West USA' started by Silver-Bolt, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Silver-Bolt

Silver-Bolt Well-Known Member

Just a heads up. There is a USPSA match at Albany (ARPC) on 9/14. I am going. Should be another fun one. Albany does some great stages.

2. sglide05

sglide05 Very Cool Member Supporter

I might have to start shooting USPSA matches. My new G35 Gen 4 should be coming in soon. I think I will use that gun for it. I used to help set up the matches out at Dundee a long time ago.

3. Silver-Bolt

G35 would make a great Limited (major) gun. I am stuck shooting Limited (minor) with my G34. Still have a great time. The 4th Saturday of each month are the Dundee USPSA matches.

4. sglide05

I've never shot a USPSA match before. What would I have to do to shoot a match, besides getting equipment?

5. Silver-Bolt

You will need a range safety certification. The first Saturday of every month Albany Rifle & Pistol Club puts on an intro to USPSA class that fulfills that requirement. http://www.arpc.info/

Equipment wise: gun, 4-5 mags, mag holders, holster, belt, eyes & ears, and ammo.

Most of the local matches will run 6-7 stages. A typical match kicks off at about 9am and is over by 1-2ish. The big Area & Nationals run 10-20 stages over 2-3 days.

www.uspsa.org for the rules on the various classes.

6. sglide05

Thank you for all the info.

7. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

Sounds like fun....might come down to see what it's like, although I won't enter.

8. MissPistol

MissPistol New Member

The Dundee range also has some kind of preliminary class that I think is taught midweek just before the match. I have misplaced the contact info to sign up. If anybody has is PM me with the info!

9. Silver-Bolt

Wife will be taking the October class the first Saturday in October at Albany.