78 Days

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by runman, Jun 20, 2012.

1. runman

runman New Member

It's been a long wait, but THE envelope showed up in the mail today. CCW has arrived! Great feeling knowing I can legally arm myself when out and about. I've learned a lot from you all so far, but now the real learning begins.

2. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Congratulations, it would show up on the longest day of the year.

3. Woo! My Florida CWP was issued 2 days ago now I'm just anxiously awaiting its arrival in the mailbox.

4. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Congrats guys!

5. piken

piken New Member

That is the worst part of it. Mine was issued on a Wednesday, and wasn't in my mailbox till the following Thursday.

6. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Awesome Runman!! Welcome to the club!!

7. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

I understand the hype and felt the same way too. It is a hugh responsibility that you will be held accountable for if you use it unwisely.

I now liken carrying to having a tire iron in the trunk. The tire iron is pretty much worthless without a good jack & spare tire to correct a bad situation. With just a little fore-thought I can pretty much get away with probably never having to use the tool. But things do happen and I ensure I have the necessary tools to change a tire, if need be.

So, now you have the iron(license). Go get you a good jack(gun &holster) and maintain that spare (your continued training) for when the situation goes flat.

Hopefully, you'll never get the chance to use it for the purpose you will carry it for.

8. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Good statement!

Congrats on the CCW. I thought MS's 45 days was long...78 days is horrible, but better than living in Illinois!

9. runman

runman New Member

Thanks for the advice. My goal is to never use it but be prepared in case its needed. Carrying around the house is much different than in the real world so now the process of making sure everything is right begins.
    I really like the stories shared around here of situations where they had to draw a weapon or nearly came to that. I use those to think about what would I have done? Need the physical and mental training.

10. bubba2001

bubba2001 Well-Known Member Supporter

the sheriff office here has up to 90 days to approve ccw..............i got mine on the 89th day

11. Nice metaphor! I will definitely use this! Thanks