7.62 Nagant ammo

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by Shep482, May 7, 2012.

1. Shep482

Shep482 Well-Known Member Supporter

I don't know how many here have one of these 1895 Nagant revolvers, but I thought I would share mine and a link to some cool ammo I bought for it. First here is my1944 95 Nagant revolver.

image-529032134.jpg

The ammo box with it I bought from AIM surplus. It has 14 rounds in it.

image-4117669948.jpg

Here is a link to AIM. http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a...ame=Russian+7.62x38R+FMJ+14rd+box&groupid=124

This is a good deal compared to the Partizen stuff if you do the math. I bought 10 boxes as I don't shoot it that much. I think it ads authenticity to it. If you don't own one of these and have your C&R, I highly recommend it. It's a fun pistol to shoot for a hundred bucks. They sell them at gander for 150$. You can also shoot .32 S&W long. Why 14 rounds? You might ask. Well it is a seven shot revolver and 14 fit perfectly in the ammo pocket on the holster.

image-362888716.jpg

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  2. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

That's awesome thanks for sharing!! I've seen those on Aims and thought of buying, have you tried shooting it?

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting Member

That is some strange lookin' ammo...

But I do like the Nagant...WWII issued no less !!

4. Shep482

I usually take it every time I go to the range and at least shoot a couple cylinders. You don't burn ammo too quick as unloading reloading is slooowwww. It has very light recoil. The double action pull is like a 100lbs. I always cock it first. It shoots high in my opinion . The sights suck. I think it honestly was meant for real close quarters. Like back of the head close. For some reason I shoot better with one hand standing sideways. 100 bucks for a piece of history? Got to have one. :)

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  5. SteveC

SteveC New Member

I have one and like shooting it. Felt like I had to have one to make a set with the 91/30 and M44 carbine (all Tula). The DA pull is indeed a monster! I have a conversion cylinder to shoot .32 acp also. They go for about $80 though.

Attached Files:

6. Shep482

Thought about getting one of those .32 acp cylinders, but at this point the ammo costs almost as much as the real stuff. Although at least they make some self defense ammo for that. Not that I would carry the thing but I guess in a shtf scenario someone could use it.
    Don't worry I'm not a Doomsday Prepper...much. Yeah

7. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

I have a nagant rifle 7.62 x 54 ammo

8. SteveC

SteveC New Member

I just got 1000 rounds of .32 from AIMS for ~$10.50/50 - that's way cheaper than the Nagant.

9. SteveC

SteveC New Member

M44 carbine, '43 Izzy, '37 Tula

Attached Files:

10. Shep482

Yeah I guess so. I didn't shop around too hard, ill have to look into that thanks.

11. Shep482

I like the color of the m44. Can you get a closer pic of the brake? How's that work for you?

12. SteveC

SteveC New Member

The brake didn't work out so good. It didn't stay aligned and when I went to tighten the screws one of them became useless - wouldn't tighten up. Since it wouldn't stay aligned it seemed dangerous to me. I sure as hell didn't want the bullet to hit the brake. I'll see about a better picture though 'cause if I can fix it I'd like to have it on there. Looks really good if nothing else.