Glock Forum banner
101 - 120 of 192 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,407 Posts
I knew ,I'd get a bite out of the Bushnell suggestion! 😁 I have always relied on Leupold ,Zeiss ,Karl Kahles and in their day Weaver (when they still built a decent steel tubed scope ) But on saying that ,I use the top glass because I make a living out of shooting.

Mate! Using a 22-250 is like driving a Pirus when you can afford a Rolls Royce (.220 swift ) 🤣🤣🤣

I can see Griddler, grinding his teeth when he reads this one !

Dog Automotive mirror Hood Vehicle Carnivore

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Well im about halfway to a leupold scope lol, stopped by bass pro to look at scope mounts. I looked at the vortex sport cantilever mount for $120 but looked at the box and said made in china, the pro mount is made in the usa but was $150 and. Picked up the leupold cantilever mount and it is made in the usa. Price was $120 but i had some club points saved up and got it for $50 out the door.

Air gun Trigger Bumper Automotive exterior Gas

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Shotgun Gun barrel

·
Premium Member
6,407 Posts
Well im about halfway to a leupold scope lol, stopped by bass pro to look at scope mounts. I looked at the vortex sport cantilever mount for $120 but looked at the box and said made in china, the pro mount is made in the usa but was $150 and. Picked up the leupold cantilever mount and it is made in the usa. Price was $120 but i had some club points saved up and got it for $50 out the door.

View attachment 270968

View attachment 270969
NICE, 340, very nice!!! Can`t go wrong with that USA LEUPOLD rig! When you mounted it, did you push it forward against the recoil lugs in the rail?
Well so much for vortex, now that their scope rigs are made in CHINA! Most of their scope line is made in CHINA now. Bunch of sell outs.
I use the Vortex $150 precision matched rings, those are still made in the usa, last i looked anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 · (Edited)
NICE, 340, very nice!!! Can`t go wrong with that USA LEUPOLD rig! When you mounted it, did you push it forward against the recoil lugs in the rail?
Well so much for vortex, now that their scope rigs are made in CHINA! Most of their scope line is made in CHINA now. Bunch of sell outs.
I use the Vortex $150 precision matched rings, those are still made in the usa, last i looked anyway.
Yeah the standard vortex cantilever mount is made in china but the vortex pro cantilever mount is usa made

i just have it finger tightened on there until i figure out the eye relief with whichever scope i go with. Still looking at options. There is a leupold just above the high end of my price range but the moa elevation tops out at 55 moa

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Yeah the standard vortex cantilever mount is made in china but the vortex pro cantilever mount is usa made

i just have it finger tightened on there until i figure out the eye relief with whichever scope i go with. Still looking at options. There is a leupold just above the high end of my price range but the moa elevation tops out at 55 moa

is the moa split? Like when they say 65 moa of elevation adjustment is that 32.5 up and 32.5 down?

·
Premium Member
6,407 Posts
is the moa split? Like when they say 65 moa of elevation adjustment is that 32.5 up and 32.5 down?
Contact the manufacturer by calling or email and ask them how much is usable from + "0" - from center.
I`ve never pushed my scope`s to really see how much +/- from zero, so i can`t honestly answer your question.

I would have to take a guess at it that it is split. The whole 65MOA from center zero is alot of turning in one direction in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Contact the manufacturer by calling or email and ask them how much is usable from + "0" - from center.
I`ve never pushed my scope`s to really see how much +/- from zero, so i can`t honestly answer your question.

I would have to take a guess at it that it is split. The whole 65MOA from center zero is alot of turning in one direction in my opinion.
So with the 6mm arc 1000 yards is 10.7 mil or 37 moa so i will need a scope with at least 80 moa assuming it is split 40 moa down and 40 moa up?

·
Premium Member
6,407 Posts
So with the 6mm arc 1000 yards is 10.7 mil or 37 moa so i will need a scope with at least 80 moa assuming it is split 40 moa down and 40 moa up?
I can`t really give you an honest answer or an opinion where you need to be for your AR 6ARC with the scope you choose. I dont follow charts, and i don`t know enough about the 6ARC in the AR platform. I know that the AR 6ARC pressures are much different than a 6ARC bolt gun. And that will make a huge difference all by itself. Per your last post (#109), absolutely call the manufacturers'. They`ll dial you right in better than i can for an AR type setup. I just don`t want to steer you in a false direction with what little i know about it. I want your gun and scope to be right, for you, and your application. I only know what i know, for my guns.

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Upon more reading looks like i need to swap the 0 cant mount for a 20 moa cant mount.
I would definitely go with the twenty. You have to I believe to get out that far. As far a leupold scopes, I would stay away from the cds. I love mine and have four mounted on different rifles. They work excellent out to about four hundred yards. Past that I prefer having a wind age and elevation turret.

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
I would definitely go with the twenty. You have to I believe to get out that far. As far a leupold scopes, I would stay away from the cds. I love mine and have four mounted on different rifles. They work excellent out to about four hundred yards. Past that I prefer having a wind age and elevation turret.
Yeah i understand it better now, but can you still zero at 100 yards with a 20 moa cant? As long as the scope has 30 moa adjustment down that should leave 10 moa left to go down at zero right? So if the scope only had 15 moa adjustment down and a 20 moa cant mount it would bottom out before it reached zero at 100 yards?

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Yeah i understand it better now, but can you still zero at 100 yards with a 20 moa cant? As long as the scope has 30 moa adjustment down that should leave 10 moa left to go down at zero right? So if the scope only had 15 moa adjustment down and a 20 moa cant mount it would bottom out before it reached zero at 100 yards?
Yes, you are on the right track.

·
Premium Member
6,407 Posts
Yes, you certainly can.

I agree with elk creek, you are now heading in the right direction with your thinking.

·
Premium Member
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Not sure if its good info or not but these figures are out of a 18” barrel

Font Material property Screenshot Number Parallel

so according to this chart i need around 37-40 moa to reach 1000 yards. I checked a ballistics calculator on hornady’s website and came up with roughly the same figure. Ok now i know the 6 mm arc is sub sonic out to 1200 or there abouts. According to the chart, i would need 51 moa at 1200 yards. So minimum i need is a 80 moa scope with a 20 moa cant mount. So theoretically with the rifle zeroed at 100 yards i would have 20 moa left in downward adjustment and 60 moa in upward adjustment. At 1000 yards i should still have 20 moa left to push it further out to 1200. Does this sound like im thinking right? Btw thank you guys for the advice

·
Premium Member
6,407 Posts
Have any of you guys had any experience with warne scope mounts?
Warne is all i use now. Been buying Warne for the last couple years, no issues. Damn good stuff.
Whenever i`ve used their single rings and their bases, they actually true up better than most others i`ve used when i align & lap the rings.

101 - 120 of 192 Posts