Glock Forum banner
41 - 60 of 215 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,718 Posts
I remember starting my gun collecting after high school and saying to myself, I am just going to own a few calibers, 45ACP, .357/38 & 7.62x39.
30 some years later I can confess that I failed miserably.
Those were the same exact calibers I actually started with, & thought I would go further as well. When I bought my first semi auto, it had to be a .45 acp! 9mm wasn’t even an option, lol!

·
Glockin’ since 1993
47,471 Posts
Those were the same exact calibers I actually started with, & thought I would go further as well. When I bought my first semi auto, it had to be a .45 acp! 9mm wasn’t even an option, lol!
Those were my sentiments exactly.
Didn’t own a carry gun in 9mm well into the 2000’s.

·
Grumpy Old Man
8,902 Posts
I remember over here, in the 70's when the 223 started arriving on our shores! There were diehards who claimed it would never replace the .222! For years now 222's have been made almost obsolete! Even us Pros stuck to 6mm/243's for years believing the .223 was just a .222 upstart ! Oh how wrong we were .

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
So update guys, i contacted atheris about their barrel shipment, they received 18” and 22” 6mm arc barrels but not the 20” which is what i ordered. They asked if the 18” or 22” would work for me but which would be best, i think since im going the longe range route the 22” would be the most logical choice.
I’m assuming 22” would be better for the 1000 yards shot.
Does the 6mm Arc round benefit with the additional barrel length?
Worse case you can always cut it to 20” or 18” in the future.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Just a update, the upper was supposed to ship by the end of the month, i contacted atheris and asked them of the status, they told me they were very behind on orders and said they would try to get it shipped out next week, a day later i received a email with the order status changed to building and testing. Hopefully itll come in a few weeks, still need to do some scope research

·
Premium Member
6,723 Posts
Just a update, the upper was supposed to ship by the end of the month, i contacted atheris and asked them of the status, they told me they were very behind on orders and said they would try to get it shipped out next week, a day later i received a email with the order status changed to building and testing. Hopefully itll come in a few weeks, still need to do some scope research
Wow, they sure are having a hard time getting your stuff for you. A friend of mine got his 6ARC built, can`t even shoot it, cant find ammo for it. He`s got plenty of primers, powder, bullets, just cant get his hands on brass. I told him he might be waiting awhile to find some cases. I mentioned seeing if he could grab some brass from gunbroken dot com, and he said, NO WAY he`d pay their prices. And i said, "well, GOOD LUCK then".

·
Glockin’ since 1993
47,471 Posts
Wow, they sure are having a hard time getting your stuff for you. A friend of mine got his 6ARC built, can`t even shoot it, cant find ammo for it. He`s got plenty of primers, powder, bullets, just cant get his hands on brass. I told him he might be waiting awhile to find some cases. I mentioned seeing if he could grab some brass from gunbroken dot com, and he said, NO WAY he`d pay their prices. And i said, "well, GOOD LUCK then".
A week or so ago I got an email from Brownell’s that had 6mm ARC ammo. Just checked and they’re out as well.
Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Rectangle

·
Premium Member
6,723 Posts
A week or so ago I got an email from Brownell’s that had 6mm ARC ammo. Just checked and they’re out as well.
View attachment 270271
Its a niche cartridge. Ammo makers aren`t worrying about supplying niche ammo. This is what keeps me from buying all these kool niche calibers.
Maybe one day, the ammo and gun craziness will settle down. But i think we`re in it for the long haul for awhile.

I`m just glad to see 22 rimfire coming back again, lol. Stupid prices, but at least having rimfire available, wife & i can plink a little just for fun times.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Its a niche cartridge. Ammo makers aren`t worrying about supplying niche ammo. This is what keeps me from buying all these kool niche calibers.
Maybe one day, the ammo and gun craziness will settle down. But i think we`re in it for the long haul for awhile.

I`m just glad to see 22 rimfire coming back again, lol. Stupid prices, but at least having rimfire available, wife & i can plink a little just for fun times.
Yeah, me too. That’s the reason I have stayed away from 300BO. I believe some police units use it, so I cannot understand why it isn’t more available and cheaper.

·
Premium Member
6,723 Posts
no not yet anyway, its all factory ammo. I may get into reloading at some point but it really doesnt interest me.
You might want to get ahead of that brother. Eventually this reloading stuff is all going into permits and licensing.
If you dont start now, buying a little here an there, later on you`ll wished you had. Just some sound advice.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·

let your friend know i will sell him my brass. I dont know how much he needs but once i get the rifle built i plan to shoot about 150-200 rds a year

·
Premium Member
6,723 Posts
let your friend know i will sell him my brass. I dont know how much he needs but once i get the rifle built i plan to shoot about 150-200 rds a year
Wow, that`s really nice of you! I will let him know.
I`m actually texting back an forth with him as we speak. Let me know how many and price, and i`ll let him know.

41 - 60 of 215 Posts