Glock Forum banner
181 - 200 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Got it bore sighted pretty close, should get me close at the range. i looked up a few bore to scope offset calculators and with 2.6” scope height and 100 yard zero came up with 2.25” from laser to crosshairs at 8 yards away. With the 20 moa rail i had to bring the reticle up about 4 mil, i set the zero stop at .5 mil under zero just to give me some adjustment up if needed, i ended up with about 19 mils of elevation adjustment to bring the reticle down. Just waiting on the scope caps. I did weigh it and unloaded it weighs right at 11-1/2 lbs. im hoping to make it to the range sometime during the week

View attachment 272104

View attachment 272105

View attachment 272106

View attachment 272107
Nice! Looking forward to the range report.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
How far will you be shooting targets at tomorrow?
im going to concentrate on my groupings at 100 yards, maybe 40 rounds, once i make sure everything is going to work out i might try a few longer distances, i would sure like to hit 1000 once but we’ll see how it goes

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
im going to concentrate on my groupings at 100 yards, maybe 40 rounds, once i make sure everything is going to work out i might try a few longer distances, i would sure like to hit 1000 once but we’ll see how it goes
Sounds like a good plan.
Which do think will be your most common distance? 300 yards? 500 yards?
Hitting 1000 yards I’m sure will be fun and rewarding, but I would sight the gun for your most common distance and adjust for the 1000 yards. If that makes sense.
Have fun!

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
Sounds like a good plan.
Which do think will be your most common distance? 300 yards? 500 yards?
Hitting 1000 yards I’m sure will be fun and rewarding, but I would sight the gun for your most common distance and adjust for the 1000 yards. If that makes sense.
Have fun!
I think im going to leave sight in at 100 yards then just adjust for distance

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
Alright guys heres the results, i didnt do much of a barrel break in, i fired one shot, then ran a patch with hoppes through it then a clean patch, ran hoppes through it again followed by two clean patches. After that i just shot it. Now i made a newbie mistake and my first 3 or 4 shots werent showing up on the the ipad that shows where the bullets hit. Luckily the range officer checked the ipad to make sure it was set on the 100 yard target and he selected the 300 yard target and there were hits, well my dumb self was aiming at the 300 yard target instead of the 100 yard lol, i guess because i had the magnification all the way up i didnt see the yardage on the target and assumed it was 100 yards lmao. After i figured that out i was good. The rifle ran flawlessly. When i was shooting it I did load one round at a time just to make sure everything was going to operate and to force me to slow down in between shots and make adjustments. Dad shot it a few times and i loaded 3 in the mag and had no issues with it cycling. My bore sight was pretty close but did have to adjust it a little bit to zero it in. I shot around 60 rounds at 100 yards just to get a feel for the rifle and make sure i was good with my zero settings. I then worked my way out. I did take about 10 seconds between shots just to make sure i was taking my time and not rushing it, the barrel stayed pretty cool the entire time so i really didnt have to stop and let it cool. Also i did the best i could with what i had, i was using the front bipod which worked great along with a small caldwell bag to support the stock but had to space it up a bit with a little tool kit box i had along with some shop towels i had as the bench is positioned higher than the range. The further i went out the less height i needed. I got it done and it worked out well but i need to invest in a better bag setup.

Heres the results. I zeroed at 100 and used a ballistic calculator to figure my adjustments needed at the set distances. I did tweak the numbers some and wrote down the Mils i had at all the distances and they got me close, could probably be tweaked a little more but i need a better bag setup.

At 100 yards i pretty much averaged sub Moa. Had a few groups just over Moa but im pretty sure the variance was in me, the best group i got at 100 yards was .51 Moa

Product Mobile phone Gadget Communication Device Font

Heres 300 Yards. I may have been pulling the shot slightly. Still not too bad, i was fighting the rear bag support a little trying to get to stay steady because how it was spaced up.

Font Communication Device Gadget Display device Electronic device

Heres 600 Yards. Again the variance is most likely in me, the wind was also blowing from left to right at 5 or so mph.

Product Black Communication Device Gadget Portable communications device

Heres 800 Yards. Was still fighting the rear support bag a little.

Cloud Sky Plant Gadget Communication Device

i did shoot a group at 1000 yards but i accidentally deleted the damn shots. The wind down range was pushing the shots to the right so i was trying to use my windage hold over to compensate. After i accidentally deleted the shots at 1000 yards i had one round left and this is what i got. I think i was holding about 1 Mil to the left. Would of liked to capture a 3 shot group but ill take it lol.

Mobile phone Communication Device Mobile device Telephony Portable communications device

Even got a sticker

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Sports equipment Gun barrel

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Alright guys heres the results, i didnt do much of a barrel break in, i fired one shot, then ran a patch with hoppes through it then a clean patch, ran hoppes through it again followed by two clean patches. After that i just shot it. Now i made a newbie mistake and my first 3 or 4 shots werent showing up on the the ipad that shows where the bullets hit. Luckily the range officer checked the ipad to make sure it was set on the 100 yard target and he selected the 300 yard target and there were hits, well my dumb self was aiming at the 300 yard target instead of the 100 yard lol, i guess because i had the magnification all the way up i didnt see the yardage on the target and assumed it was 100 yards lmao. After i figured that out i was good. The rifle ran flawlessly. When i was shooting it I did load one round at a time just to make sure everything was going to operate and to force me to slow down in between shots and make adjustments. Dad shot it a few times and i loaded 3 in the mag and had no issues with it cycling. My bore sight was pretty close but did have to adjust it a little bit to zero it in. I shot around 60 rounds at 100 yards just to get a feel for the rifle and make sure i was good with my zero settings. I then worked my way out. I did take about 10 seconds between shots just to make sure i was taking my time and not rushing it, the barrel stayed pretty cool the entire time so i really didnt have to stop and let it cool. Also i did the best i could with what i had, i was using the front bipod which worked great along with a small caldwell bag to support the stock but had to space it up a bit with a little tool kit box i had along with some shop towels i had as the bench is positioned higher than the range. The further i went out the less height i needed. I got it done and it worked out well but i need to invest in a better bag setup.

Heres the results. I zeroed at 100 and used a ballistic calculator to figure my adjustments needed at the set distances. I did tweak the numbers some and wrote down the Mils i had at all the distances and they got me close, could probably be tweaked a little more but i need a better bag setup.

At 100 yards i pretty much averaged sub Moa. Had a few groups just over Moa but im pretty sure the variance was in me, the best group i got at 100 yards was .51 Moa

View attachment 272516

Heres 300 Yards. I may have been pulling the shot slightly. Still not too bad, i was fighting the rear bag support a little trying to get to stay steady because how it was spaced up.

View attachment 272517

Heres 600 Yards. Again the variance is most likely in me, the wind was also blowing from left to right at 5 or so mph.

View attachment 272518

View attachment 272520

i did shoot a group at 1000 yards but i accidentally deleted the damn shots. The wind down range was pushing the shots to the right so i was trying to use my windage hold over to compensate. After i accidentally deleted the shots at 1000 yards i had one round left and this is what i got. I think i was holding about 1 Mil to the left. Would of liked to capture a 3 shot group but ill take it lol.

View attachment 272519

Even got a sticker

View attachment 272521
That is awesome! Nicely done!!

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts

View attachment 272516

View attachment 272517

View attachment 272518

View attachment 272520

View attachment 272519

Even got a sticker

View attachment 272521
Very impressive for your first time out! Congrats 340!!!
Now get back out there and do it again! :LOL:;)

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 ·
Im extremely happy with it, way better than i expected, this thing was shooting sub moa pretty much within the first few shots through it. I just need to figure out a better setup to support the stock. I really need to concentrate i getting consistent with the 2 stage trigger, i was also anxious and excited so that may have affected it too, now that ive seen what it can do without really trying super hard id like to see how tight i can get groups out at the different distances.

Not an excuse but once i got out to 600+ yards it didnt help there was a guy next to me shooting a ar with a muzzle brake

181 - 200 of 215 Posts