5th Generation Glock?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by glockbboy, Jan 22, 2012.

1. glockbboy

glockbboy New Member

Does anyone know when the 5th generation g21 is going to be available. ?

2. MikeV826

MikeV826 New Member

No idea. But what's wrong with the gen 4?

3. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

5th gen?! The 4th gen g21 jst came out a few weeks ago.

4. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

5. DVCguns

DVCguns New Member

Release date is set for the beginning of April 2012. ;)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  6. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Why so many new Glocks all of a sudden?

7. My guess would be that the Gen4's were a PR nightmare for some which got blown way out thanks to the forums. I have two Gen4 19's, had to send one back but it's awesomely flawless now as the other is. I like them just as much if not more than my Gen3's because of the new SF grips.

I had NO idea a 5th 21 was coming out. Wasn't aware of any 4th issues with the 21.

8. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Ummm....I'm guessing he meant Gen4. They haven't finished issuing them on all models yet, so the likelihood of a "Gen5" anytime in the near future is slim. I project the 5th Gen will be issued sometime in 2028.

9. tressa_wi

tressa_wi New Member

Since the topic is question...what type of firearm would you recommend for a women new to firearms?

10. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

I would suggested you do some research online or however on different brands of firearms and then visit a gun store with a range one that will let you rent guns and shoot them. From there you can shoot different ones and feel whats best dor you...this is jst my opinion of course.

11. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hey, Tressa_wi, WELCOME to the forums!

So everyone can give you a warm Hello, you should post a "Hi, there" under "introductions".

Now then, about your question: there are many threads on this topic, a lot of them are worth reading thru and have a lot of useful information. If you still have not found your answer, the guys and gals on the Forum will be more than happy to share their suggestions!

Again, Welcome!

12. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Uh-oh! Is Glock following in the way of Apple with a new version every year? Oh dear! :rolleyes:

13. tressa_wi

tressa_wi New Member

Thank you for the advise!

14. triggerhappy

triggerhappy New Member

Definitely a G26. That's what I have (I'm female). It's small enough to conceal and fits perfect in my small hands. My sister also owns a G26. We have a girl friend who has a G19 which is a tad bigger.

15. tressa_wi

tressa_wi New Member

I just googled it! I like it very very nice! Thanks for the suggestion! :)

16. Haven't heard anything about the gen5. Can't imagine Glock doing that.

As far as what recommendation for female shooter, start with the g26/g27 but I agree with the previous poster about trying one out at a range. Sometimes what works for one won't work for another. And the best test is sending lead downrange.