Glock Firearms banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
Why so many new Glocks all of a sudden?
My guess would be that the Gen4's were a PR nightmare for some which got blown way out thanks to the forums. I have two Gen4 19's, had to send one back but it's awesomely flawless now as the other is. I like them just as much if not more than my Gen3's because of the new SF grips.

I had NO idea a 5th 21 was coming out. Wasn't aware of any 4th issues with the 21.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Ummm....I'm guessing he meant Gen4. They haven't finished issuing them on all models yet, so the likelihood of a "Gen5" anytime in the near future is slim. I project the 5th Gen will be issued sometime in 2028.

·
Lead Farmer
2,882 Posts
tressa_wi said:
Since the topic is question...what type of firearm would you recommend for a women new to firearms?
I would suggested you do some research online or however on different brands of firearms and then visit a gun store with a range one that will let you rent guns and shoot them. From there you can shoot different ones and feel whats best dor you...this is jst my opinion of course.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Hey, Tressa_wi, WELCOME to the forums!

So everyone can give you a warm Hello, you should post a "Hi, there" under "introductions".

Now then, about your question: there are many threads on this topic, a lot of them are worth reading thru and have a lot of useful information. If you still have not found your answer, the guys and gals on the Forum will be more than happy to share their suggestions!

Again, Welcome!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Since the topic is question...what type of firearm would you recommend for a women new to firearms?
Definitely a G26. That's what I have (I'm female). It's small enough to conceal and fits perfect in my small hands. My sister also owns a G26. We have a girl friend who has a G19 which is a tad bigger.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Haven't heard anything about the gen5. Can't imagine Glock doing that.

As far as what recommendation for female shooter, start with the g26/g27 but I agree with the previous poster about trying one out at a range. Sometimes what works for one won't work for another. And the best test is sending lead downrange.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts