550 Paracord

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by dslmac2, Feb 27, 2012.

1. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

Playing with paracord and knives tonight.

Anyone else have any good paracord creations?

image-2365236333.jpg

2. 66Goat389

66Goat389 New Member

Yes.... Friend in the afghanistan gave

ForumRunner_20120317_151443.jpg

this to me.

Attached Files:

3. glockguy13

glockguy13 New Member

Now all you gotta do Is make a little holster out of Para cord for that knife

4. rivalarrival

rivalarrival Are we there yet?

I used a "Turks Head" to put a grip ring on a flashlight, which was useful until this particular flashight became mostly worthless. The gargantuan key to the lady's vehicle is on its own paracord keychain, and I used a scrap piece to make a silencer for my key ring, which cuts down on the jangling considerably.

Attached Files:

5. rivalarrival

rivalarrival Are we there yet?

Got a few more utilitarian uses here...

Boot laces - it's a little slippery, but if you "go around the loop" twice instead of once as you normally would, the resulting bow still functions properly, but holds far better.

the little dangly-ball things I have hanging off the bit-kit blades for my Leatherman make great zipper pulls.

I think paracord is too abrasive for the primary grip on a hiking staff, but I have some wrapped around above that spot, which is a better spot for holding the staff while descending. The top part of that wrapping is securely lashed to the staff, the bottom part is secured with a clove hitch and can be easily released.

The turks head above it is just decorative.

At the other end of the staff, I lashed a steel quick link. When I want both hands free, I release the clove hitch on the wrapping and run it through the quick link to make a makeshift sling.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  6. Glocked

Glocked New Member

Used it in the Marine Corps to "dummy cord" our gear on long force marches to keep from losing anything.

7. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

I'm gonna make one of those bracelets when I stop being so damned lazy. For those that want the instructions on making, or reweaving, your own message me with your email address and I'll pass it along. Its too big to post on here :(

8. mlawrence

mlawrence New Member

ForumRunner_20120318_202023.jpg

ForumRunner_20120318_202051.jpg

Just a few. I do tons of knife angle light lanyards. All colors. My steering wheel is wrapped in it. I have all colors. Check out All Knotted Back East on Facebook. TACH]2813[/ATTACH]

ForumRunner_20120318_202144.jpg

Attached Files:

9. sigpi11

sigpi11 New Member

Thanks for the info. Going to give it a try.

10. Boracay

Boracay ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o

Got a few..

S, M, L, XL
    [​IMG]

Survival Machete
    [​IMG]

EDC Survival Kit
    [​IMG]

Multi Tools
    [​IMG]

Keys
    [​IMG]

EDC Light @ 115Lumens powered by 1 AAA
    [​IMG]

Survival Watch & Bracelet w/ Whistle
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  11. Those are really nice! In the marine corps I took the inside stands out of the 550 cord and put my dog tag chain in it.

Kept the dog tags from making noise and flopping around to much.

12. Shooting98

Shooting98 Member

Boracay, what box is that for your multi-tools?

13. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Where's everyone get their paracord? Any good place online to get good paracord cheap?

14. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

I got mine from Sportmans Guide...I get a catalog twice a month from them.

15. mlawrence

mlawrence New Member

EBay! That's where I buy all of mine.

16. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Ebay worries me, don't want to end up getting some cheap crap cords that are not really 550

17. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

I bought mine from Best Glide.
    http://www.bestglide.com/

Got 50 feet of four different colors and it was only $27 shipped back in June 2011.

18. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

19. Shooting98

Shooting98 Member

I just recently saw that botach tactical has some. I have bought some from countycomm a while back.

20. mlawrence

mlawrence New Member

You just have to make sure the seller has listed the brand of cord. I have gotten some crap cord before. You can tell the difference by the thickness and rigidity. Most sellers will refund your money if you are not satisfied with the product. I buy tons of stuff on eBay. I sell tons of stuff too.