Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Playing with paracord and knives tonight.

Anyone else have any good paracord creations?

image-2365236333.jpg

Attachments

·
Are we there yet?
784 Posts
I used a "Turks Head" to put a grip ring on a flashlight, which was useful until this particular flashight became mostly worthless. The gargantuan key to the lady's vehicle is on its own paracord keychain, and I used a scrap piece to make a silencer for my key ring, which cuts down on the jangling considerably.

Attachments

·
Are we there yet?
784 Posts
Got a few more utilitarian uses here...

Boot laces - it's a little slippery, but if you "go around the loop" twice instead of once as you normally would, the resulting bow still functions properly, but holds far better.

the little dangly-ball things I have hanging off the bit-kit blades for my Leatherman make great zipper pulls.

I think paracord is too abrasive for the primary grip on a hiking staff, but I have some wrapped around above that spot, which is a better spot for holding the staff while descending. The top part of that wrapping is securely lashed to the staff, the bottom part is secured with a clove hitch and can be easily released.

The turks head above it is just decorative.

At the other end of the staff, I lashed a steel quick link. When I want both hands free, I release the clove hitch on the wrapping and run it through the quick link to make a makeshift sling.

Attachments

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
I'm gonna make one of those bracelets when I stop being so damned lazy. For those that want the instructions on making, or reweaving, your own message me with your email address and I'll pass it along. Its too big to post on here :(

·
Registered
61 Posts
ForumRunner_20120318_202023.jpg

ForumRunner_20120318_202051.jpg

Just a few. I do tons of knife angle light lanyards. All colors. My steering wheel is wrapped in it. I have all colors. Check out All Knotted Back East on Facebook. TACH]2813[/ATTACH]

ForumRunner_20120318_202144.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Webphisher said:
I'm gonna make one of those bracelets when I stop being so damned lazy. For those that want the instructions on making, or reweaving, your own message me with your email address and I'll pass it along. Its too big to post on here :(
Thanks for the info. Going to give it a try.

·
ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o
329 Posts
Got a few..

S, M, L, XL

Survival Machete

EDC Survival Kit

Multi Tools

Keys

EDC Light @ 115Lumens powered by 1 AAA

Survival Watch & Bracelet w/ Whistle

·
I'm Back!
260 Posts
Those are really nice! In the marine corps I took the inside stands out of the 550 cord and put my dog tag chain in it.

Kept the dog tags from making noise and flopping around to much.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Where's everyone get their paracord? Any good place online to get good paracord cheap?

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
EBay! That's where I buy all of mine.
Ebay worries me, don't want to end up getting some cheap crap cords that are not really 550

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bought mine from Best Glide.
http://www.bestglide.com/

Got 50 feet of four different colors and it was only $27 shipped back in June 2011.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
61 Posts
bhale187 said:
Ebay worries me, don't want to end up getting some cheap crap cords that are not really 550
You just have to make sure the seller has listed the brand of cord. I have gotten some crap cord before. You can tell the difference by the thickness and rigidity. Most sellers will refund your money if you are not satisfied with the product. I buy tons of stuff on eBay. I sell tons of stuff too.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts