50GI ammo

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by littlepeyton18, Jun 28, 2012.

1. littlepeyton18

littlepeyton18 New Member

Just bought my first Glock. Got a 21SF. Plus I bought a 50 cal conversion for it. It only takes 50GI ammo. Is there any other place besides Guncrafter Industries that makes the ammo?

2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum littlepeyton! Enjoy!!

3. littlepeyton18

Thank you. I will.

4. Welcome to the forum littlepeyton! Hope you like it here!

By any chance, can we get a pick of that .50gi conversion? Reports on it would be nice all so if you could! :D

That .50gi will prepare you for the .50ae and .500 S&W. ;)

5. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Guncrafter industries is the only manufacturer listed on wiki...

Please post pics and a report!!! It looks like a fun set up!!!

6. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Great, If you have the time maybe you could go to the Intro. secyion and tell us a little about you and your Glock. If you want. Someone will answer this question for you I am sure, shortly.

7. littlepeyton18

I'll post pics. Gotta wait the mandatory 10 days before I can pick it up. Next Friday and it will be all mine.

8. RobertR13

RobertR13 Left

Those brass pre-split bullets they have for 50GI are pretty amazing. If they ever make some in .40 I'll be in for some instantly. Looking very forward to that range report on the conversion, I do like the idea of the wound tract and the slow heavy recoil like .45ACP, but you get something like 10 rounds, right?

9. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome!!!!! Are you in CA? I hate those 10 days....

Let us know what you think of it!!!!

10. littlepeyton18

How did you ever guess? Lol. Ya I'm in San Diego. Which also means no more than 10 rounds. I will give a full report once I've shot it. Never shot a handgun with a barrel big enough to put the tip of my pinky in. Should be fun.

11. OO yes! Even tho the .50gi don't have the kick power of the .50ae or .500 anything that you can put you pinky in is a BLAST to shoot. ;)

12. littlepeyton18

Just found out that Guncrafter Industies is the only place that sells 50GI ammo. Ordered some ammo and it will be here in a week. $2 a shot. Awesome.

13. Yea 50's aint cheap to shoot but you forget about that when you are pulling the trigger.

14. I guess if you're going to be stuck with only 10 rounds you may as well make em' BIG rounds. Congrats on the 50G.I., I've always thought they'd be pretty cool to play with. Wonder if I could get a conversion set up for my G30.:rolleyes:

15. Blades

Blades Senior Member

HERE you go!

Expensive, but they have a 140gr. 40 S&W:
    [​IMG]

16. RobertR13

RobertR13 Left

I almost **** myself, then went and realized they only sell them as complete rounds, no thanks!

17. littlepeyton18

Well I hope I will only need one shot with a 50 cal.

18. iShoot

iShoot New Member

Very cool! Gratz on your purchase...And welcome!

19. I don't know about the .50gi, but I know with the .50ae it will go threw the person and your house and the next door neighbors house. So I wouldn't use it for self defense, not to mention being deafen by the gun shot.

I didn't think I would go threw much ammo on my mark xix but I was sooo wrong. :p Love seeing fire balls!!

20. Actually, if you look at the ft/lbs of energy that the 50G.I. makes and compare it to say a 45acp +P there's not that much difference. Also, it seems that velociety causes more db of noise then bore size so I'd rather have a larger bore gun at say 800fps then a small bore at 1300+ fps, it's be quieter relatively speaking. I think it'd be cool as heck to have a big ol' 50cal handgun in a package that you could actually carry.