5.7x28 Glock

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by OneOldGoat, Apr 5, 2012.

1. OneOldGoat

OneOldGoat New Member

Think Glock would ever chamber this round? Would you buy?

2. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

Don't know but sounds interesting!!! I might buy it.

3. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

Honestly I hope they don't. I would rather see them come out with a .22mag

4. OneOldGoat

OneOldGoat New Member

Well if they were to go with rimfire I would personally like to see it in 17 HMR

5. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

I would love to see a 5.7 glock and i would buy one...

6. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Isn't that the round the five-seven uses? So that round in a gun as reliable as a Glock, heck yes I would buy.

7. glock19desertranger

glock19desertranger New Member

Yeah that is the FN five seven model, that is an awesome gun! I would own a glock in that caliber in a heartbeat! :cool:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_Five-seven

8. glock19desertranger

glock19desertranger New Member

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  9. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

I just think that since the 5.7 and the .22mag are ballistics similar, and since the .22 is cheaper and has a greater availability, people would buy more of those.

10. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

FN has the market cornered with the 5.7x28 rounds. That is a very high pressure rifle round that has actually exploded a few FN pistol frames. It's an expensive round to shoot also. Don't forget though, the media and some people out there consider the 10mm and 5.7x28 round to be a "cop killer" round since the Muslim at Ft. Hood used it for his killing spree.

11. jimmyalbrecht

They're similar, but the 5.7 wins out I believe.

12. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

Yeah the 5.7 is ballistically superior, but when you add in how much more expensive it is, the .22mag starts looking better and better haha

13. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

Don't get me started on the media.... everything is military-grade, assault, automatic, and black in their eyes.:rolleyes:

I still would like to see one though it would probably be banned in Commifornia for the reasons I listed above.

14. nfmus209

nfmus209 New Member

FN is the only ones who make that ammo, so theres no competition to bring the price down, also i have heard its not a good idea to reload, so once again, no competition. That all being said, my boss has a 5.7 upper for his AR and it looks so bad ash. The ballistics are amazing and the price for ammo isnt too bad. I just feel it will be a banned round before long just because of its capabilities, which is really too bad because its got so much potential. If Glock would make it I would buy it, but only if i waited to see if the government would ban it.

15. jimmyalbrecht

If it gets banned, I'm moving to another country...not really, but that would be absolutely ridiculous. I can go buy a Barrett and .50 BMG ammo, but I wouldn't be able to buy a 5.7 round?

16. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

no and no

5.7x28 is a terribly ineffective defensive round and expensive to boot