Glock Firearms banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Hail Commifornia
6,370 Posts

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
Isn't that the round the five-seven uses? So that round in a gun as reliable as a Glock, heck yes I would buy.

·
Banned
4,056 Posts
I just think that since the 5.7 and the .22mag are ballistics similar, and since the .22 is cheaper and has a greater availability, people would buy more of those.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
FN has the market cornered with the 5.7x28 rounds. That is a very high pressure rifle round that has actually exploded a few FN pistol frames. It's an expensive round to shoot also. Don't forget though, the media and some people out there consider the 10mm and 5.7x28 round to be a "cop killer" round since the Muslim at Ft. Hood used it for his killing spree.

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
I just think that since the 5.7 and the .22mag are ballistics similar, and since the .22 is cheaper and has a greater availability, people would buy more of those.
They're similar, but the 5.7 wins out I believe.

·
Banned
4,056 Posts
jimmyalbrecht said:
They're similar, but the 5.7 wins out I believe.
Yeah the 5.7 is ballistically superior, but when you add in how much more expensive it is, the .22mag starts looking better and better haha

·
Hail Commifornia
6,370 Posts
FN has the market cornered with the 5.7x28 rounds. That is a very high pressure rifle round that has actually exploded a few FN pistol frames. It's an expensive round to shoot also. Don't forget though, the media and some people out there consider the 10mm and 5.7x28 round to be a "cop killer" round since the Muslim at Ft. Hood used it for his killing spree.
Don't get me started on the media.... everything is military-grade, assault, automatic, and black in their eyes.:rolleyes:

I still would like to see one though it would probably be banned in Commifornia for the reasons I listed above.

·
Registered
50 Posts
FN is the only ones who make that ammo, so theres no competition to bring the price down, also i have heard its not a good idea to reload, so once again, no competition. That all being said, my boss has a 5.7 upper for his AR and it looks so bad ash. The ballistics are amazing and the price for ammo isnt too bad. I just feel it will be a banned round before long just because of its capabilities, which is really too bad because its got so much potential. If Glock would make it I would buy it, but only if i waited to see if the government would ban it.

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
FN is the only ones who make that ammo, so theres no competition to bring the price down, also i have heard its not a good idea to reload, so once again, no competition. That all being said, my boss has a 5.7 upper for his AR and it looks so bad ash. The ballistics are amazing and the price for ammo isnt too bad. I just feel it will be a banned round before long just because of its capabilities, which is really too bad because its got so much potential. If Glock would make it I would buy it, but only if i waited to see if the government would ban it.
If it gets banned, I'm moving to another country...not really, but that would be absolutely ridiculous. I can go buy a Barrett and .50 BMG ammo, but I wouldn't be able to buy a 5.7 round?

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Think Glock would ever chamber this round? Would you buy?
no and no

5.7x28 is a terribly ineffective defensive round and expensive to boot

1 - 16 of 16 Posts