5.11 Thumbdrive

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by sgtglock, Feb 15, 2012.

1. sgtglock

sgtglock New Member

Has anyone out there tried the 5.11 thumbdrive holster? Likes, dislikes? I'm using a blackhawk serpa for duty now.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

No, I haven't. Is it similiar to the Serpa...?

3. sgtglock

sgtglock New Member

Instead of using the trigger finger to release the lock, as on the serpa, you push down on the lock, with the thumb, as you grip the pistol. I've seen a video and it appears very fast. I'm thinking about getting one for duty use and looking for feedback.

4. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Interesting....

I'm partial to Serpas because I really like the positive retention lock, but if the 5.11 Thumbdrive is a faster draw, well....

OWB or IWB?

5. Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  6. tsamples

tsamples New Member

5.11 thumbdrive is great I have one for my g23 an planing on getting one for my sig p229

7. sgtglock

sgtglock New Member

The last time I checked they're only made for glocks. That will probably change in the future.

8. sgtglock

sgtglock New Member

Go to you tube, type in "5.11 thumbdrive holster". Viking tactical video comes up first. Good video.

9. I'm am going to bump this thread cause I have a question regarding these holsters and don't know if a new thread is necessary.

I really, really want one of these holsters cause I love how if someone tries to pull it out it wont come out. You have to pull it out the proper way or it locks in. I love that cause worrying about getting your firearm taking away in a wrestling match will be the last thing on your mind (it will still all ways be on my mind tho) if you ever get unlucky to get that close to someone that wants to do you harm.

Here is the problem tho, they don't make one for a full size G21. I even emailed them an they said that they don't make one for the G21 at the moment. They only make it for Glock in the 17,19, 22, 23, 34, and 35.

So dose any one know if the G21 dimensions are the same as the models they do make the holster for? Like the G17, G19 an G22? Since they are full size models like the G21. Hate to spend that much and it not work out.

10. sgtglock

sgtglock New Member

No the holsters for the G17,22 ,etc wont work for the G20 and 21. The dimensions for the G20/21 are larger.

11. WadeP

WadeP New Member

If you want passive-lock retention, the Safariland ALS is 1000-times better than the 5.11 or that Serpa abortion.