Glock Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my last Gen 3 17L came with a 3 1/2 lb factory trigger. I ordered a new G24 thinking I would put a KKN Conversion .40 to 9mm barrel in it . Nope. 5 1/2 lb. trigger. What the heck? Did one of the Glock lawyers have a negligent discharge?

·
Legitimate Combatant
3,165 Posts
Get a new connector and a heavier trigger spring and see how it goes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hope everyone's having a great weekend and hope everyone likes the boogey man costumes 3.0lb trigger I just bought, got a3.5 connector and overall very happy with the trigger pull: great reset, just everything I was looking for. Trying to figure out how to use this form correctly

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
It's not a 3.5lb trigger, it's a 3.5lb connector. Actual trigger pull weight is closer to 5 lbs. Best trigger out there right now, and the only new design since the beginning of Glock, is the Timney. My competition gun triggers were hand worked back in the early 90's by Dale Rhea, a top Unlimited GSSF shooter. They are all OEM, and actually break around 3.5 lbs.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
35,763 Posts
It's not a 3.5lb trigger, it's a 3.5lb connector. Actual trigger pull weight is closer to 5 lbs. Best trigger out there right now, and the only new design since the beginning of Glock, is the Timney. My competition gun triggers were hand worked back in the early 90's by Dale Rhea, a top Unlimited GSSF shooter. They are all OEM, and actually break around 3.5 lbs.

Have you gotten hands on a Timney yet?

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Dan, my kid is getting one for his USPSA Carry Optics Division G17. I'll see how I like it. He is classified as Master right now, maybe that trigger will squeak him into GM. I most likely will not change my Carry Optic or Limited setup as I like them to be nearly the same as my carry guns.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I put a drop of WD40 with Teflon under the "hook" on the receiver and it smoothed out my trigger pull considerably with my factory "dot" connector.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Bayou, you mean the connector to trigger bar cruciform interface. Yea, that needs to be lubed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts