Glock Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Administrator
133,403 Posts
I have shot a few that others have built it was ok . I have not done a build or conversion yet myself . There fun and if you enjoy shooting it and want to add that round to your ammo stash you might enjoy it. However for me other than my favorite 10mm I would just build one as a fun range or plink toy . I think there is an easy conversation kit sold to do it if I remember correctly.

· Registered
5 Posts
I shot a .460 Roland Springfield XD in 2014, I never stopped thinking about it. I have a Gen3 G20SF 10mm. I recently chamber reamed a 6.6" threaded 45acp barrel, picked up a long slide and added a Lone Wolf compensator.
NOW I HAVE ONE!
I LIKE IT!
I LIKE IT ALLOT!
I also did a 45 acp barrel for my TNW ASR. I have the first known ASR in .460 Rowland, and it shoots awesome. It's pushing 230 grainers at 1500 fps and 185s cook along at 1750 fps.
Hunting season opens next weekend. I plan on using one of these two configurations to harvest my deer with a 240gr HP advertised velocity of 1300 fps.

· Low speed High drag
3,073 Posts
I have a post on here somewhere about my 460 Rowland conversion. I got my conversion from Rowland and would only get the conversion kit from them. You just need a g21 and this kit and your ready to roll. You can still fire standard 45 ammo and other random 45 ammo similar to the 460 Rowland.

· Premium Member
3,681 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
I have a post on here somewhere about my 460 Rowland conversion. I got my conversion from Rowland and would only get the conversion kit from them. You just need a g21 and this kit and your ready to roll. You can still fire standard 45 ammo and other random 45 ammo similar to the 460 Rowland.
If I followed your advice, then my ASR would still be in the original calibers it was manufactured in and that's it. My Glock 20 SF would still be a 10mm.
I understand that the 460 Rowland folks want to make a dime on this, and I'm sure that all your guns are the same make as the original caliber.
That's why all the true 9mm Puritans are carrying Lugers and those carrying Glocks in anything other than 45 GAP are charlatans.
Right?
If a caliber is to survive, then it must be mass produced.
I'm no going to sit and hold my breath waiting for the Rowland folks to make one in my flavor. What 460 Rowland charges for their conversion kit, I purchased a barrel, slide and the guts, plus rented the chamber reamer. I did buy my mag springs and some 240gr ammo from 460 Rowland.
Oh, and that 240gr ammo is resized by the Rowland folks to work in your gun, so they modify things too. Just like the first 460 that Johnny made.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.