Glock Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went and shot another 100 rds today, making it 450 total with my Gen 4 Glock 19. No failures yet at all and I feel like I'm getting a lot more accurate with it. (This is my first handgun.)

I AM still having the brass to the head/shoulders on about 1/3 of the rds but I don't really want to deal with sending it back to Glock. It's not malfunctioning and if I ever have to actually defend myself with it, I doubt I'll really notice a round bouncing off my shoulder.

It's not like it is rocketing back to my face. It's ejecting it up in the air and pretty much harmlessly bouncing off the top of my head or shoulders. One round DID go down my wife's shirt when she shot, which was more comical than anything.

So I'm going to give it a good cleaning tonight and rest it safely in my safe until next time!

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
( all kiddin' aside...they do have a fix for that )

I just got the gun last month so it has the newest RSA and ejector.

Also, when I was trying to decide which gun I wanted, I went to a range and shot several rentals and didn't have ejection problems with anything so I don't really think I am limp-wristing it or anything.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure if this helps... but I have heard if you shoot the heavier caliber (147grain) load the brass will eject more to the side instead of back towards you.
I haven't been able to find 147 gr locally in a range round. The highest my 2 LGS had were 124 Lawman and I didn't really notice a difference. When I asked about it, they both said they were having trouble getting ammo right now, especially the heavier rounds.

BTW, I shot all 115 gr yesterday with 50 rds of Blazer Brass and 50 rds of Independence.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.