.45 super

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by rdean45acp, Mar 8, 2012.

1. rdean45acp

rdean45acp New Member

Just wondering if anyone has heard of this cartridge and if so could I shoot it out of my g21sf? Or would I need to replace guide rod spring to something stronger? Any feedback would be appreciated. My buddy was telling me that it matched 10 mm ballistics as far as velocity is concerned. If that's true I am intrigued.. .45 moving over 100 fps? I think so!

2. 3L3C7R0

3L3C7R0 New Member

They already move well over 100FPS...

3. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Lol, I hope your being sarcastic. I'm pretty sure the OP meant 1,000 fps. Just a small typo. I have actually never heard of this cartridge. My guess is that it would be longer, therefore not be able to fit in the standard 21 mags.

4. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

what about +p ammo in Glocks, can it be used? or the +p+?

5. 3L3C7R0

3L3C7R0 New Member

Lol. Ya. Just messing around.

6. Tape

Tape New Member

I have a 45 super barrel and a SS recoil spring and a box of buffalo bore ammo, I got a g21sf and all those parts on a trade, the 45 super buffalo bore ammo is only about 75flbs stronger then the doubletap 45ACP ammo. DoubleTap only says to make sure your pistol is in good order before using their ammo. I shoot the DT in my 21sf as is and no problems, next range trip I will use the super ammo in my 21sf as is. I believe it will be ok. The 45super and the 45acp are the exact same size it is whats in them that makes them so violent.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  7. Tape

Tape New Member

btw the 10mm is over 100flb over the 45super, the super is about 694 ft.lbs of force and the 10mm is 790 ft.lbs of force.

8. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

The .45 Super is dimensionally identical to the exterior dimensions of the .45 ACP, but delivers much higher pressures and higher bullet velocities (on average 1,100fps to 1,300fps).

Quoted from Wikipedia:
    For more info read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.45_Super

9. Tape

Tape New Member

no the pressures are not much higher, my definition of much higher is not the same as wiki. Go to the ammo websites and check their ballistics, they are printed by engineers unlike people that post at wiki.

10. Tape

Tape New Member

DT Ballistics : 45ACP 1225fps - 616 ft./lbs. - 5" 1911 185gr DT website
    BB Ballistics : 45 Super Ammo - 185 gr. J.H.P.(1,300fps/M.E.694 ft.lbs.) BB website
    BB Ballistics : 45 ACP +P Ammo - 185 gr. J.H.P. (1,150 fps/M.E. 543 ft. lbs.) BB website

11. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

@Tape:

Quoted from Buffalobore.com (an ammunition manufacturer):
    From here: http://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=76

I am assuming that as an ammunition manufacturer, they would know what they are talking about, as opposed to wikidiots.

12. Tape

Tape New Member

what I posted is from the same website, did you read it or just assume I was making it up

13. rdean45acp

rdean45acp New Member

Thanks for all of the feedbacks guys, I was under the impression that they were the same size. @Tape that's what im shooting, a g21sf. Gotta tell ya I love that gun. Haven't had a glock that I haven't liked tho;) Thanks again everyone for the feedback been a couple days since I've been on here. Have a good weekend!