Glock Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has heard of this cartridge and if so could I shoot it out of my g21sf? Or would I need to replace guide rod spring to something stronger? Any feedback would be appreciated. My buddy was telling me that it matched 10 mm ballistics as far as velocity is concerned. If that's true I am intrigued.. .45 moving over 100 fps? I think so!

·
Banned
131 Posts
rdean45acp said:
Just wondering if anyone has heard of this cartridge and if so could I shoot it out of my g21sf? Or would I need to replace guide rod spring to something stronger? Any feedback would be appreciated. My buddy was telling me that it matched 10 mm ballistics as far as velocity is concerned. If that's true I am intrigued.. .45 moving over 100 fps? I think so!
They already move well over 100FPS...

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
They already move well over 100FPS...
Lol, I hope your being sarcastic. I'm pretty sure the OP meant 1,000 fps. Just a small typo. I have actually never heard of this cartridge. My guess is that it would be longer, therefore not be able to fit in the standard 21 mags.

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
what about +p ammo in Glocks, can it be used? or the +p+?

·
Banned
131 Posts
jimmyalbrecht said:
Lol, I hope your being sarcastic. I'm pretty sure the OP meant 1,000 fps. Just a small typo. I have actually never heard of this cartridge. My guess is that it would be longer, therefore not be able to fit in the standard 21 mags.
Lol. Ya. Just messing around.

·
Banned
654 Posts
I have a 45 super barrel and a SS recoil spring and a box of buffalo bore ammo, I got a g21sf and all those parts on a trade, the 45 super buffalo bore ammo is only about 75flbs stronger then the doubletap 45ACP ammo. DoubleTap only says to make sure your pistol is in good order before using their ammo. I shoot the DT in my 21sf as is and no problems, next range trip I will use the super ammo in my 21sf as is. I believe it will be ok. The 45super and the 45acp are the exact same size it is whats in them that makes them so violent.

·
Banned
654 Posts
btw the 10mm is over 100flb over the 45super, the super is about 694 ft.lbs of force and the 10mm is 790 ft.lbs of force.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
The .45 Super is dimensionally identical to the exterior dimensions of the .45 ACP, but delivers much higher pressures and higher bullet velocities (on average 1,100fps to 1,300fps).

Quoted from Wikipedia:
Although they will chamber, the firing of .45 Super rounds in non-rated standard .45 ACP automatics is not recommended, as doing so risks a case failure in the unsupported chamber and at the very least would batter the slide and almost certainly shorten the life of the pistol
For more info read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.45_Super

·
Banned
654 Posts
no the pressures are not much higher, my definition of much higher is not the same as wiki. Go to the ammo websites and check their ballistics, they are printed by engineers unlike people that post at wiki.

·
Banned
654 Posts
DT Ballistics : 45ACP 1225fps - 616 ft./lbs. - 5" 1911 185gr DT website
BB Ballistics : 45 Super Ammo - 185 gr. J.H.P.(1,300fps/M.E.694 ft.lbs.) BB website
BB Ballistics : 45 ACP +P Ammo - 185 gr. J.H.P. (1,150 fps/M.E. 543 ft. lbs.) BB website

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
@Tape:

Quoted from Buffalobore.com (an ammunition manufacturer):
45 Super is externally/dimensionally identical to 45 acp or 45 acp+P and is designed to be used in 45 acp semi auto pistols that have been fitted with stronger than normal recoil springs and a shock buffer, plus a couple other modifications. While you can shoot 45 SUPER out of some stock 45 acp+P pistols such as the Glock 21, HK USP or the full sized all steel 1911, you will batter your pistol if you do not have them modified to handle the extra pressure and slide velocity of the 45 Super.
From here: http://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=76

I am assuming that as an ammunition manufacturer, they would know what they are talking about, as opposed to wikidiots.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all of the feedbacks guys, I was under the impression that they were the same size. @Tape that's what im shooting, a g21sf. Gotta tell ya I love that gun. Haven't had a glock that I haven't liked tho;) Thanks again everyone for the feedback been a couple days since I've been on here. Have a good weekend!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts