Glock Firearms banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Glockin’ since 1993
34,979 Posts
Ghost, leper says he is a police officer that was initially issued a GAP then the dept. switched to 9mm after having issues with their GAP's.
Members that have been here awhile know the definition of a troll.
Posting on a thread that you won't acknowledge anyone's opinion and then put it out that GAP's aren't guns is Troll like behavior.
Name calling members that kiddingly point out their dismissive behavior is starting to cross a line.
We could compare resumes but that wouldn't prove anything. I've proven I know what I'm talking about when I contribute on this forum.

·
Certified Glock Armorer
11,359 Posts
Danzig said:
Ghost, leper says he is a police officer that was initially issued a GAP then the dept. switched to 9mm after having issues with their GAP's.
Members that have been here awhile know the definition of a troll.
Posting on a thread that you won't acknowledge anyone's opinion and then put it out that GAP's aren't guns is Troll like behavior.
Name calling members that kiddingly point out their dismissive behavior is starting to cross a line.
We could compare resumes but that wouldn't prove anything. I've proven I know what I'm talking about when I contribute on this forum.
+1 quit being a dick. No offense... This is a place to share opinions and experiences, and give advice.. No need for troll like behavior. That's what YouTube is for lol

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Hey guys, I didn't mean for my lack of glock knowledge to cause such debate. I am learning a lot with all the comments, feedback.

·
Registered
637 Posts
That's the beauty of it. There are lots of very experienced and intelligent people here. Just sit back and soak in the knowledge.

·
Banned
488 Posts
I'll address what I remember reading since I've been gone. Seems I missed a bit.

1. Yes I can always agree to disagree.
2. My experience with the GAP cartridge is extremely limited.
3. I find the recoil (in similar size and weight guns) of 45ACP and GAP to be less than full power 40. I also find 40 to be slightly more snappy (once again similar size and weight guns) than even 9mm +P+.
4. I am not an expert in anything. A bit of my experience. Spent most of my life thus far as a toolmaker. Specialized in CNC programming, CAD/CAM software implementation (back when it was in it's infancy as a tool to link engineers more directly into the machine shop per se), generator development for wire EDM machines (mainly with Charmilles and Mitsubishi), and taught various courses (machine shop, blueprint reading, trig, and other things to do with Tool and Die). I've done prototype and development within the automotive industry (and thus my hatred of the big three) for pay and within the gun industry (usually for fun). Back when I had access to any machine I wanted I built whatever I could for my own guns (short of a receiver) and am proud to say that my very first tattoo was paid for by an exchange of custom built Harley parts for the tattoo. I am retired from that field (thank Clintonomics) and have since been a police officer. I claim no expertise there either but am blessed to work in a department where I can do what is fun for me.
5. People with experience with things usually have strong opinions. Luckily with a Glock you have high resale value. It's relatively cheap to try out multiple models and really find what you like.
6. If no one asked questions there just wouldn't be any point to forums like these other than for the old timers to show off their favorite Glocks from time to time.
7. I'm glad if someone can buy GAP cheap locally. I haven't seen that myself or at the gun shows I attend. I'd suggest the OP (if he is leaning towards the GAP round after all of this) check with his local sources.

·
Banned
786 Posts
I'll address what I remember reading since I've been gone. Seems I missed a bit.

1. Yes I can always agree to disagree.
2. My experience with the GAP cartridge is extremely limited.
3. I find the recoil (in similar size and weight guns) of 45ACP and GAP to be less than full power 40. I also find 40 to be slightly more snappy (once again similar size and weight guns) than even 9mm +P+.
4. I am not an expert in anything. A bit of my experience. Spent most of my life thus far as a toolmaker. Specialized in CNC programming, CAD/CAM software implementation (back when it was in it's infancy as a tool to link engineers more directly into the machine shop per se), generator development for wire EDM machines (mainly with Charmilles and Mitsubishi), and taught various courses (machine shop, blueprint reading, trig, and other things to do with Tool and Die). I've done prototype and development within the automotive industry (and thus my hatred of the big three) for pay and within the gun industry (usually for fun). Back when I had access to any machine I wanted I built whatever I could for my own guns (short of a receiver) and am proud to say that my very first tattoo was paid for by an exchange of custom built Harley parts for the tattoo. I am retired from that field (thank Clintonomics) and have since been a police officer. I claim no expertise there either but am blessed to work in a department where I can do what is fun for me.
5. People with experience with things usually have strong opinions. Luckily with a Glock you have high resale value. It's relatively cheap to try out multiple models and really find what you like.
6. If no one asked questions there just wouldn't be any point to forums like these other than for the old timers to show off their favorite Glocks from time to time.
7. I'm glad if someone can buy GAP cheap locally. I haven't seen that myself or at the gun shows I attend. I'd suggest the OP (if he is leaning towards the GAP round after all of this) check with his local sources.

That I can respect. You can butt heads with me any day brother.

I like the way you number things, makes your points easier to understand.

·
Banned
488 Posts
That I can respect. You can butt heads with me any day brother.

I like the way you number things, makes your points easier to understand.
Thanks. I can see where we are going to disagree on things from time to time but I certainly don't think it's based on a lack of knowledge on your part from what I've read of yours. Plus opinions change over time. Mine do. Not that many years ago I was convinced that any 9mm was the worse choice any person could make in a defense round. Long ago I was convinced that anything other than JHP was a waste. Having seen what both do on real people I certainly don't feel the same. I could go on for hours about things I've unlearned over the years. Actually that might make a good thread.

·
Banned
786 Posts
Thanks. I can see where we are going to disagree on things from time to time but I certainly don't think it's based on a lack of knowledge on your part from what I've read of yours. Plus opinions change over time. Mine do. Not that many years ago I was convinced that any 9mm was the worse choice any person could make in a defense round. Long ago I was convinced that anything other than JHP was a waste. Having seen what both do on real people I certainly don't feel the same. I could go on for hours about things I've unlearned over the years. Actually that might make a good thread.
I would love to read it. I have been deployed 4 times as an Infantryman. I learned alot of things I was told to be fact, to be fiction in my experiences and fiction to be true. I could write a book, but am only good at short stories lol.

About opinions that change, its true. I have no use for the 40, but for some reason feel a need to get another one. Last time I had one was in the mid 90s and todays ammo really brings this caliber into its own now, but thats just an opinion based on no newer experience, but I aint afraid to go gather that experience. I think Im brave enough lol....

·
Banned
488 Posts
I would love to read it. I have been deployed 4 times as an Infantryman. I learned alot of things I was told to be fact, to be fiction in my experiences and fiction to be true. I could write a book, but am only good at short stories lol.

About opinions that change, its true. I have no use for the 40, but for some reason feel a need to get another one. Last time I had one was in the mid 90s and todays ammo really brings this caliber into its own now, but thats just an opinion based on no newer experience, but I aint afraid to go gather that experience. I think Im brave enough lol....
I come and go online. I find time on the range to be a good stress reliever. Time on the forum is time I'm watching TV also. Neither is enough to keep my attention but both seem about right.

I always wished my dad would have told me more or wrote about his experiences in Vietnam during his two tours. Might be something for you to think about if you have kids. Not a big deal to you possibly but a priceless heirloom to yours in the future. Of course I could write a book about things I've seen and done as an officer but I haven't. I have my files though I guess if I ever change my mind.

I always wanted to be a police officer based on my father's experience as an officer. I never wanted to be in the military based on what I knew of my father's experience in the military. Keep in mind he loved what he did and stayed for 26 years. I just knew it wasn't for me. God bless you and protect you if you are still facing duty overseas.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts