44 Magnum

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by Gizmo, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Gizmo

Gizmo New Member

Does anyone have any insider info on whether Glock has plans for a 44 magnum?

2. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

3. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

As awesome as it would be, I don't think so. The grip in the gun would have to be too large and wouldn't fit many people's hands.

4. Donn

Donn Active Member

Auto-Mag gave the .44mag auto a go some years back without much luck. Not even a Dirty Harry movie, (Sudden Impact), could breathe any life into sales. They show up at gun shows from time to time, not cheap.

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

I would like to see it happen, but also doubt it will...

To be able to shoot .44 mag and special would be nice...

6. Gizmo

Gizmo New Member

Must say I love my 27 and 34 but wish there was something more. It would be nice to have it on a large Glock frame but you all are right; there wouldn't be much there to absorb the recoil. Magnum Research can pull it off because the frame is so heavy. Even with that it nearly rips your hand off with the recoil.

7. jeffc

jeffc New Member

Just get a g21 and upgrade it with a .50GI conversion.

8. Gizmo

Gizmo New Member

Thanks Jeff C . Can I get by with just the G21 frame? Or do I need the whole pistol? I looked up the conversion kit on Brownell's and it goes for $599.99. Gulp, I can see this project is going to set me back a grand no matter what.

9. jeffc

jeffc New Member

Yes, the conversion kit is a complete upper that fits nicely on top of a g21 frame. Even comes with a mag I think. This of course is not really an "all the time" range gun, as you'll see once you discover the price of the ammo. It is an option though, so I figured I'd let ya know!!!

10. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Yah, wish I could get it in a semiauto, too!
    'Nuff said...

Attached Files:

11. Donn

Donn Active Member

Till one comes along, I'll just muddle thru with my S&W model 29.

12. You all forgot the AWESOME Desert Eagle in .44 Magnum:
    [​IMG]