Glock Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What night sights are you running? Did you have to file them to fit?

I will say this thing is pretty snappy.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
35,768 Posts
Snappy yes but not inaccurate in my experience. Kinda rough on the trigger finger too but not a big deal unless shooting quite a bit.
I’d have some others make sure the sights are off but then I’d probably contact Glock to have them check it out.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
35,768 Posts
I'm not about to spent the money for a dot sight. $400 is way too much. They will eventually get cheaper, and better.
Definitely contact Glock. They pump them out like crazy. A few goofs get through every once in a while.
Glock has a reputation for making them right when you send them in.

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
I ordered the Trijicon Bright and Tough 3 Dot Night Sites from Optics Planet for both my G43Xs. They should be arriving soon. They have good reviews. Let’s see once they arrive.
As far as everything else, both my G43Xs work great.

·
Banned
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Definitely contact Glock. They pump them out like crazy. A few goofs get through every once in a while.
Glock has a reputation for making them right when you send them in.
Let's see send gun back to Glock to replace cheesy plastic sights for new cheesy plastic sights. That's what you're thinking? o_O

·
Banned
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered the Trijicon Bright and Tough 3 Dot Night Sites from Optics Planet for both my G43Xs. They should be arriving soon. They have good reviews. Let’s see once they arrive.
As far as everything else, both my G43Xs work great.
I think the Trijicons were the ones he had to file to fit.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
35,768 Posts
Let's see send gun back to Glock to replace cheesy plastic sights for new cheesy plastic sights. That's what you're thinking? o_O
If they are that far off, yes. Don’t want to upgrade to different sights, yes.
Are the sights the only issue or possibly a different defect in the gun?

I’ve changed out most of mine myself as I like night sights. I’ve had one or two I should’ve taken a file to but forced them on with the pusher.:oops:

·
Gunslinger
9,160 Posts
Send it back to Glock to be checked and ask for metal sights. Cost difference of about $20. If you are looking for fancy sights you are going to have to pay a lot more.

Reactions: Danzig

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ironically, I have a different problem with the 43X. My hand position for single handed draw and rapid fire puts my thumb directly over the magazine release. Twice I’ve dropped the mag mid string. This doesn’t occur with my 17, 19’s, 26, 42 or 43.
At 67 I’m not about to change a grip that works for me. So, there it sits in the safe until my kids decide if they want it.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
Ironically, I have a different problem with the 43X. My hand position for single handed draw and rapid fire puts my thumb directly over the magazine release. Twice I’ve dropped the mag mid string. This doesn’t occur with my 17, 19’s, 26, 42 or 43.
At 67 I’m not about to change a grip that works for me. So, there it sits in the safe until my kids decide if they want it.

Can you post a pic of your grip? Do you have large hands?

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Yes, The instruction manual that came with my 'Night Fision' sights says that you may have to fine sand down to make a proper tight fit. Are you forcing yours? A big no no.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have installed many NightFission sights on Glocks and one set on a shield. All required a bit of sanding and then easily installed with a sight pusher. The shield was a bit more complicated because of the offset sight profile.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts