Glock Firearms banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,888 Posts
The Shield Plus is a great edc. I found the bore axis to be a bit high though as compared to the 43X.
Once Timney makes a trigger for the single stack Glock like they did for the double stack, it'll be a game changer.
Oh man, now that you endorsed the shield plus. I really want one!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
The G43X is not for everyone, but it is for many.
The reason I bought the 43x over any other Glock was the grip lacked that Glock bump. The frame of the Poly 80 is what I consider the perfect Glock frame....the way Glock should have it out of the factory. It does not feel like a 1911 as many say it does, but for me, it has a much better feel than an OEM Glock.
Air gun Computer keyboard Wood Trigger Gun barrel

·
Registered
31 Posts
I know others feel differently, but the 43X makes no sense to me. Barrels are easy to conceal, grip length is harder. If you are able to conceal a G48 length grip, why handicap yourself with the shorter barrel and sight radius of the 43X? I own both a G43 and a G48 and have done the mix and match thing. The 48 slide on the 43 frame is much more useful to me than the 43X configuration. For the record, my primary EDC is a G19. I carry the G48 at work where I need to be more discrete and concerned about printing. The G43 is reserved for those occasions where the only option is pocket carry.
To the OP concerning the 43X trigger… the triggers on my 43 and 48 were better out of the box than my gen 4 G19. All Glock triggers (and Glock shooters) improve after a few thousand rounds though!

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
I know others feel differently, but the 43X makes no sense to me. Barrels are easy to conceal, grip length is harder. If you are able to conceal a G48 length grip, why handicap yourself with the shorter barrel and sight radius of the 43X? I own both a G43 and a G48 and have done the mix and match thing. The 48 slide on the 43 frame is much more useful to me than the 43X configuration. For the record, my primary EDC is a G19. I carry the G48 at work where I need to be more discrete and concerned about printing. The G43 is reserved for those occasions where the only option is pocket carry.
To the OP concerning the 43X trigger… the triggers on my 43 and 48 were better out of the box than my gen 4 G19. All Glock triggers (and Glock shooters) improve after a few thousand rounds though!
it works great for me because my hands are on the smaller side. I held a 26 and hated it, the 43 felt like a glove and the 43x feels even better. Its just one of those things that some the 43x is perfect for and others it isnt but thankfully there is so many options now! More than ever before

·
Premium Member
13,888 Posts
I have the 43X, & tried to like it. It doesn’t shoot for myself better then other Glocks I own. I actually prefer the Glock subcompact to the 43x. If I’m going to carry 10+1 in 9mm. I’d rather carry my P365. 10+1 in a Glock subcompact I’d rather carry my Glock subcompact .357 sig with oem + Baseplate. Or even the 19.3 over the 43X. Imho.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Long sight radius might be a great reason for a competition gun...a SD handgun...not so much of a real argument there. However my reason for the 43x is ...it feels better than the 43 or 48 or 19. I use the OEM 10+1 mag (No shield Arms)....mag change out is no problem. Have carried the P80...did not like it to carry as well as the 43x. Went ahead and modified it for range only with competition trigger and connector.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I am glad that the X series exists for those who like them, but for me, it's the grip, not the slide that prints. I guess body shape and wardrobe play a role.

Longer grips and longer sight radius SHOULD make a gun easier to shoot, but I shoot my 26 and 30 better than any of my larger ones. That might be due to practicing more with the ones I carry. On the other hand, Hickock 45 said something along the lines of a pinky on the grip can do more harm than good.

We are blessed to have many choices because one size does not fit all.

·
Premium Member
13,888 Posts
I am glad that the X series exists for those who like them, but for me, it's the grip, not the slide that prints. I guess body shape and wardrobe play a role.

Longer grips and longer sight radius SHOULD make a gun easier to shoot, but I shoot my 26 and 30 better than any of my larger ones. That might be due to practicing more with the ones I carry. On the other hand, Hickock 45 said something along the lines of a pinky on the grip can do more harm than good.

We are blessed to have many choices because one size does not fit all.
In my experience the Glock 30 is just a soft shooting tack driver. I should carry mine more often.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts