Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just making sure.

I’m assuming you load the magazine, rack the slide to get one in the chamber, and then remove the magazine to load one more round. Correct?
Just making sure.

I’m assuming you load the magazine, rack the slide to get one in the chamber, and then remove the magazine to load one more round. Correct?
Just making sure.

Just making sure.
no, I put one in the chamber and than put magazine in with 6

·
Registered
3 Posts
That could be why you are having problems. For some reason I suspected that was the case. Never do that. It could damage the extractor. Always load the round from the magazine.
And do not continuously use the same cartridge as the first one to rack into the chamber. After a number of times that bullet could experience what is called bullet set back. The bullet will go lower and lower into the casing and could cause an over pressure situation.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And do not continuously use the same cartridge as the first one to rack into the chamber. After a number of times that bullet could experience what is called bullet set back. The bullet will go lower and lower into the casing and could cause an over pressure situation.
Thanks, by the way spoke to a Glock tech rep yesterday. You and the other responders are spot on with your advice. He absolutely said both recommendations ie; sling from magazine and break in magazine.

·
Super Moderator
65,630 Posts
Thanks, by the way spoke to a Glock tech rep yesterday. You and the other responders are spot on with your advice. He absolutely said both recommendations ie; sling from magazine and break in magazine.
I am always happy when Glock agrees with us. It proves they know what they are talking about.
They may manufacture them, but we shoot the living crap out of them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts