.40 to .45

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by MarinewithaGlock, May 13, 2012.

1. MarinewithaGlock

MarinewithaGlock Premium Member

I'm thinking about trading in my G23 for a G21 or G30. I've been wanting a .45 for a whole but don't have the funds at the moment. I don't really want to get rid of my 23 but I really want the .45. I'm torn between toughing it out until I can just buy the 21 or 30 an add to the collection or if I should trade. Also what do you think I could get on trade for my 23? It's a Gen 3. No mods except the lettering painted in on the slide and mags.

2. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

I would tough it out if I was you. What's the urge to jump immediately? I really want a 23 I currently have a 17 but I am gonna just wait and give my 17 a sibling I don't feel under powered with my 17 so I have no reason to rush

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

The G30SF is my EDC, a combo of form & function. I can recommend it without hesitation.

The G23 is a very nice firearm, and depending on whether it is a private sale or traded in to the gun shop

where you pick up the .45, price can vary greatly between the two. I would check prices in my area...visit a few shops

and see what they are getting for one new vs one used. I could quote you a PA price, but that wouldn't help you anyway.

4. McDaddy

McDaddy New Member

Bought my first Glock a few weeks ago...a G23; it's now a G36 and I love it. I'm not caught up with the hi capacity talk, so 7 rounds at 230 gr. is fine with me. Much easier gun to handle in both feel and recoil.

5. Blades

Blades Senior Member

Tough it out. ;)

6. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

I would hate to sell a gun, any gun but it is all up to what YOU want. I use one of my G30's as my everyday carry and I think it is the Best Glock ever made. If you think you can purchase one in the near future without selling then I wouldn't sell but if the prospects are slim that say with in a year you will be able to buy the 21 or 30 then I would say make the best deal you can and get the Gun/Caliber you want. Tomorrow is not promised to us so If you want it and the only way to get it in the foreseeable future is to sell/trade the 23 then as Nike would say Just Do It! We do not know your finances so only you can answer that question! BTW I would get the 30 if it were me. I have at least couple of each (21/30) and the 30 to me is the absolute best! 21's are good and I shoot mine but the 30 for me is more accurate and easier to carry!

7. I vote for toughing it out and adding to the collection.

8. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

keep gun add another.

9. Lovethyglock

Lovethyglock New Member

Can't have to many glocks.

10. MarinewithaGlock

MarinewithaGlock Premium Member

I think I'm just gonna have to tough it out. I can't seem to really wrap my head around getting rid of a Glock. My 23 will have to suffice (which it is more than capable of doing haha) until I can add to my collection. I think that's what I wanted to do all along. Just needed the family support.

11. brettc

brettc New Member

Great choice, I'll be adding a 23 here shortly.

12. zipper046

zipper046 Member Supporter

Ok...loooong time shooter and LE here...from years if experience i can offer the following: Every gun I ever sold I regretted some time afterward. The G23 is a great platform. Easily concealable, easy to handle. I'd tough it out and keep the 23 and buy either a 30 or 21.

Z

13. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Fairly new to Glocks here, I have a 23 and 21 and wouldnt trade either. 2 cents:)

14. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

My vote is.........TOUGH IT OUT!......... You can't have too many Glocks.

15. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Ya tough it out and buy a G30. You won't regret either of those choices lol.

16. flightmedic76

flightmedic76 New Member

Stick it out! If you don't, one day you're going to say "man, why did I get rid of my 23??".

17. lrausch

lrausch New Member

If I were in your shoes, keep the G23 and add the second firearm when you are able. Depending on the next election, the playing field may change towards handguns. I would sell a car before I would part with my Glock. Just saying :)

18. figurethatout28

figurethatout28 New Member

If ya want a good comfortable 45, save up and get the slim frame glock 21. Martial law ain't coming for a while. U got time to save.

19. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

I love my G21 and G30, but I have to say that perhaps you should hold out and not sell.