.40 question

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by casey97, Jun 9, 2012.

1. casey97

casey97 New Member

I have a gen3 Glock 27 with a Crimson Trace laser grip. It comes with 2 mags, a Galco Tuck-n-go holster, and replacement batteries and adjustment wrenches. A friend has gen4 Glock 22. If I was to trade my Glock 27 for his Glock 22 what extra money should I ask for?

2. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

That's hard to answer. I would ask for at least 150

3. Who initiated the trade, and how close friends are you?

IMHO, the best thing you guys could do to keep your friendship is go to an independent party for a decision, like a local gun dealer. He prices out your stuff, your buddy's stuff, and you guys go from there. Gives you a good starting point.

4. david1962hd

david1962hd Premium Member

I agree 100% with this.
    Remain friends and put the monkey on the dealers back.

5. casey97

casey97 New Member

It's a cousin. I was thinking $100 or $125.

The Crimson Trace laser grip is $199 and the Galco Tuck-n-go is $30.

I purchased a Ruger LCP and find it way too easy to carry all the time. Plus I am encouraging him to get his CCW which would be very difficult with a Glock 22.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  6. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Personally I woulda search the web for the msrp of all the items and cut the difference in half... just my $0.02.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  7. casey97

casey97 New Member

That would be about $115.00.

8. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Taking into consideration that gen fours cost more? And how many mags is he trading? All stock sights? Other mods to the guns?

IMHO this is what I would do. You are by no means obligated to do so...

As you can tell I get a little detailed... Fairness is the objective, however a straight trade isn't unreasonable either, for family that is...

9. yogiboobooranger

yogiboobooranger New Member

You are related, so just trade him gun for gun. You already said you want him to have a smaller gun for CCW. You obviously want the larger gun so just trade and be done with it. All is then well in both your eyes!! Maybe he can buy the ammo for you both to go shoot..that would be a good way to even out the trade and you are both happy throwing lead down range (jacketed lead that is!!).

10. Sounds like you want this swap more than he does...or maybe you think he needs to swap, but he may not see it that way. Lots of folks CCW G22's. Maybe not as easy as a G27, but still not really larger than a 1911.

Mods and upgrades on guns, homes, cars, etc. are nice and can enhance value, but don't expect to recoup all the money back.

If you are friends and trust this guy, why not swap straight across for 30-60 days trial. Up until the end of the temp period, either party can choose to cancel the deal at any time and simply swap all stuff back.

No sense screwing up a friendship over a couple hundred bucks or a couple guns!