Glock Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm an FNG to the forum but not new to Glock pistols. I have acquired a .40 caliber 15rd factory magazine that is different from my G22 Gen2 mags in that it is shorter and the witness holes are evenly spaced from 4-15. It clicks into the G22 and releases. I didn't try to cycle rounds cause I'm leery of it. It also clicks into my G27 and releases. Can anyone explain the difference in the magazine? Is it different in generation? Rectangle Gas Electric blue Plastic Auto part

The one on the left is from my G22 and the right one is my acquisition.

·
Premium Member
14,729 Posts
Hello, I'm an FNG to the forum but not new to Glock pistols. I have acquired a .40 caliber 15rd factory magazine that is different from my G22 Gen2 mags in that it is shorter and the witness holes are evenly spaced from 4-15. It clicks into the G22 and releases. I didn't try to cycle rounds cause I'm leery of it. It also clicks into my G27 and releases. Can anyone explain the difference in the magazine? Is it different in generation? View attachment 271989
The one on the left is from my G22 and the right one is my acquisition.
The one on the right is a generation 2 Glock magazine. I still shoot one out of my gen.3 20. I would try it at the range. In the future I’d probably purchase mags that look like the mag on the left of pic.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
The mag on the right is an older gen magazine. They work fine, but can "swell" a bit when loaded. It will not drop free, and you will have to release and pull it out of the well, probably.
Nothing wrong, but the newer are fully lined with metal. I still use a few of them around and have no problems.

Welcome to the mayhem.

Reactions: Bayou
1 - 8 of 8 Posts