Glock Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a Gen 4 G27 and it would fire the .40 CCI shotshells OK. I sold the G27 and then I bought a G22 Gen 5, but the shotshells don't fit. A gunsmith told me the shotshells won't fit in the Gen 5s.

Can I just get a Gen 4 barrel and put it in the G22?

·
Premium Member
9,268 Posts
I had a Gen 4 G27 and it would fire the .40 CCI shotshells OK. I sold the G27 and then I bought a G22 Gen 5, but the shotshells don't fit. A gunsmith told me the shotshells won't fit in the Gen 5s.

Can I just get a Gen 4 barrel and put it in the G22?
Welcome to the forum, the gen 4 will not work in a gen 5. You may investigate some of the after market barrels available for Gen 5's,Gen 3 & 4 barrels will interchange but Gen 5 won't.

However if it were me I would field strip your Gen 5 and remove the barrel and plunk test the CCI shot shell rounds and see if they pass the plunk test for yourself, feeding of the rounds maybe another issue as many semi auto's do not like to feed them.

• Helpful
Reactions: Olga17, Che and RIP

·
Super Moderator
77,458 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Please head over to the Introduction thread and introduce yourself to the forum.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
48,537 Posts
I used to sell a lot of shotshell/rat shot at the gun store I worked at. Some semiautomatic guns would run as good as regular ammo most would not.
Another thing, a well worn Glock might cycle whereas a new Glock same model would not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts