Glock Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Premium Member
10,767 Posts
I rather doubt it,I was at the range two weeks back and they were fully stocked with 40 S&W I hadn't seen so much in a long time wasn't cheap but they had a abundance.

Reactions: Che and 1prdunson

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,428 Posts
40 is just under $300 a thousand, 45Colt is about $35 for a box of 50
I was using the analogy of 9mm to.40 pricing and availability in the future will probably be like 45Colt to .44-40.

Granted that’s if we are still using firearms and there is a consumer market in the next 100 years.

· Registered
12 Posts
Too many firearms chambered in .40 S&W out there for ammo to go away in a lifetime.
Even .357sig is still out there and available for reasonable prices.
My rule of thumb is if there's at least 3 different major companies stamping it out, you're fine.
And I see ,40s&w on the shelves of every big box/sporting goods store I go to.
To me, what's getting harder to find is .38spl, .30-30 and .32acp. Not impossible, but pickings are slim and prices are reflecting that. I've got my preferences for brands for all these calibers and used to be able to wait a short while til I saw a good deal. Now it's either buy whatever is priced right or pay whatever they're asking for what I want.

· Registered
21 Posts
Will .40 ammo ever stop being made

Please understand this is not a caliber war ?

I m already aware of of that .
Just a simple ? Yes or No
I'm seeing more of it now than I ever did before. But then I recently acquired a Sig P226 in .40 so now I look for it. I think the Herter's stuff from Bass Pro for $23 if I remember right...

· Registered
22 Posts
There are litterally millions of 40 S&W handguns and rifles out there. No manufacturer will be willing to give up on that large of a market. You will see the 357 sig and others go way before the 40 S&W. The 40 S&W is my favorite caliber for carry in the woods and every day carry as well. I also like the 9mm but like the extra energy the 40 S&W gives me.

· Registered
1,564 Posts
Ever is a wide timeline.
The caliber of our home, so we are banking it will be around a long time. Probably more out there than just about any caliber. The haters hated it since day One. You know the same people who spew too snappy, then complain weak and slow. Pick a hill, loser.
Stop worrying over it.

• Haha
Reactions: Danzig

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There are litterally millions of 40 S&W handguns and rifles out there. No manufacturer will be willing to give up on that large of a market. You will see the 357 sig and others go way before the 40 S&W. The 40 S&W is my favorite caliber for carry in the woods and every day carry as well. I also like the 9mm but like the extra energy the 40 S&W gives me.
Air gun Trigger Grey Wood Gun barrel

1 - 17 of 17 Posts