4 hour range trip turned to 6 hours...

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by dwcfastrice, Jul 7, 2012.

1. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Oy very. Not that it's a bad thing, my 4 hour range trip today turned into a 6 hour trip and it was HOT.

So unmotivated right now but i have guns to clean...

No Glock shooting for me today. I'm not going to waste ammo throwing it at a 50 yd target.

But shot both Marlins, Mosin (love this rifle), M1 Carbine, a .22 mag "takedown" type rifles, and helped my buddy sight in his .270.

The crew for today (Marlin 781, Marlin 60, .270, mosin m38, .22 mag, .30 M1 Carbine, Glock 23 Gen 3, Firestar Plus (9mm), GLock 23 Gen 4, Romanian Tokarev (7.62x25):

[​IMG]

Messing around with the Marlin 781 and the Marlin 60 at 50 yds:
    [​IMG]

Messing around with the two Marlin's at 100 yds:
    [​IMG]

Best grouping of the day while sighting in the .270 @ 100 yds:
    [​IMG]

I think I spent more time talking to other shooters than actually shooting. It's all good though. It had to do with guns. So, it's been a good day.

Introduced a BUNCH of people to the joys of the Mosin Nagant platform. :D

D

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  2. n8tv

n8tv New Member

That sounds like my range trips. They always last longer.

3. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Had a day planned at the reange tommorrow from 9am to sometime after 5 pm practing the GSSf Match with friends.
    Long hot day high 90's with the index pushing over a 100... But if we can push thru this a match will be a breeze!

4. dwcfastrice

I need to find a place to do that around where I live in SE PA. I want to get back into shooting competitively, but not without practice.

More excuses for me to throw lead downrange. :D

5. RRoss

RRoss If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it! Lifetime Supporting Member

Great looking collection you got there!;) Nice shootin' too!

6. dwcfastrice

Thanks, Ryan. Wish you could have made it. The more the merrier as we always say....

D

7. SteveC

SteveC New Member

Rockin' collection indeed. I'm also a Mosin fan - two M91/30s and an M44. Gotta admit tho that they wear me out a bit.