Glock Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Is That a .40....nope its a 10MM!
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure where this thead should be placed. my wife loves her .380 revolver but the glocks are law enforcement only i plan on going to the fbi once i finish school could i get one then and give it to her. are would i have to be issued one for only me? my wife said she would rather have a gl but she says the 9mm is to much recoil for her

·
Glockin’ since 1993
34,838 Posts
I've never seen Glock .380 here in the states but believe they are built on the same frame as the 9mm anyway. I'd find the tamest 9 mm ammo and try to ease her into it. I like the .380 Kahr, super tiny and the best trigger on a .380 IMO.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
10mil said:
Im not sure where this thead should be placed. my wife loves her .380 revolver but the glocks are law enforcement only i plan on going to the fbi once i finish school could i get one then and give it to her. are would i have to be issued one for only me? my wife said she would rather have a gl but she says the 9mm is to much recoil for her
Start her with a 9mm that had a long slide/recoil mechanism or a heavier frame (non glock) to absorb a lot of the force.
Many folks, especially women, believe that smaller framed and barreled guns are easier to manage. It's the "0h, it's so cute" factor.

If you haven't had a chance, get her out to a range where you can rent/try several makes and models to see which she likes best.

HtH
F

·
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have whalter
.380 i have a taurse 9mm she dosent like. its almost same size and weight of 19 but Im hoping i can hooked to my new 27:)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
If she doesn't like shooting a 9mm that's the same size as a G19 and you put your 27 in her hands, you will ruin shooting for her. Don't do it. Let her shoot what she's comfortable with or you'll find she doesn't want to shoot at all.

·
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright thanks

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
Even if you were an agent with the FBI, you wouldn't be able to buy a Glock 25 or 28. Only CLEO (Chief Law Enforcement Officer) can purchase them for departmental use and issue them. I'm still not positive if the CLEO can sell the Glock to the officer at some point or not.

·
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the info

1 - 8 of 8 Posts