.380 gl

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by 10mil, May 18, 2012.

1. 10mil

10mil Is That a .40....nope its a 10MM!

GA
    Im not sure where this thead should be placed. my wife loves her .380 revolver but the glocks are law enforcement only i plan on going to the fbi once i finish school could i get one then and give it to her. are would i have to be issued one for only me? my wife said she would rather have a gl but she says the 9mm is to much recoil for her

2. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    I've never seen Glock .380 here in the states but believe they are built on the same frame as the 9mm anyway. I'd find the tamest 9 mm ammo and try to ease her into it. I like the .380 Kahr, super tiny and the best trigger on a .380 IMO.

3. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Start her with a 9mm that had a long slide/recoil mechanism or a heavier frame (non glock) to absorb a lot of the force.
    Many folks, especially women, believe that smaller framed and barreled guns are easier to manage. It's the "0h, it's so cute" factor.

If you haven't had a chance, get her out to a range where you can rent/try several makes and models to see which she likes best.

HtH
    F

4. 10mil

GA
    i have whalter
    .380 i have a taurse 9mm she dosent like. its almost same size and weight of 19 but Im hoping i can hooked to my new 27:)

5. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

If she doesn't like shooting a 9mm that's the same size as a G19 and you put your 27 in her hands, you will ruin shooting for her. Don't do it. Let her shoot what she's comfortable with or you'll find she doesn't want to shoot at all.

6. 10mil

GA
    alright thanks

7. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Even if you were an agent with the FBI, you wouldn't be able to buy a Glock 25 or 28. Only CLEO (Chief Law Enforcement Officer) can purchase them for departmental use and issue them. I'm still not positive if the CLEO can sell the Glock to the officer at some point or not.

8. 10mil

GA
    thanks for the info